Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electrical installations- visual inspection

Options
  • 29-03-2015 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi

I am looking at carrying out an Electrical Visual Inspection for a friend of mine who owns an old warehouse (1980's) , with adjoining store rooms, garage, offices etc.

I am just doing it as a favour for him, and a bit of experience for myself in this area.

Can anyone provide me with a template / checklist for helping me complete this Electrical Visual Inspection, and following report that I plan to issue him with my findings / conclusion?

Or any guidance / step by step instructions would be great!!

It will be a visual inspection only - not a periodic inspection - so no real tests etc.

Also , will I need to do a "Safe Isolation Procedure" before I remove the fuse board cover for the visual inspection of the board? If so, what does this involve?!

Help or guidance would be much appreciated.

I am an electrical engineer, but new to the building services side of things.

thanks,

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

See reply here.

Advertisement