Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Ireland is this?

Options
  • 29-03-2015 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

My parents found this photo in an Australian newspaper and want to know where in Ireland it was taken. Anyone have any ideas?

056B11A2-BE7A-4093-8B1B-B9900F717174_zpsjf2wzwoa.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

I could be wrong, but possibly a part of the cliff walk between Portrane & Donabate, North County Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tommy100

Sorry, dont know, but will show around a few people, maybe they'll know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

What was the writing under number 8? That could provode some clues as to the location.

Here is a slightly better pic and a link to the article, but I can't figure out where it is.
    deal08.jpg
    http://media.news.com.au/nnd/T3Interactives/ESCAPE/20150329/BestDeals/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Ok, had a better look at it there, definitely not cliff walk as mentioned earlier.

• Advertisement

Just looked at that link again and if you click the picture of the map, it sends you to google maps of Inishmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Just looked at that link again and if you click the picture of the map, it sends you to google maps of Inishmore.

A very quick google image serach doesn't bring up any pictures of that on Inis Mor and to me it doesn't really look like the Aran Islands. I think that marker is more just to show one place where the trip goes. And looking at the other pictures the one with Santorini in Greece, the tour does't even appear to go to Greece, so maybe that picture isn't actually in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭LucidLife

It's not necessarily a picture of anywhere in Ireland. I'm guessing they typed something like 'mountains, green, sun, people' into Google Images and just went with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

It's called Castle Ewen, it's a rock formation in a place called the fairy glen on the Isle of Skye in Scotland, its a bit cheeky including that picture in a tour that is supposed to be Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

bladebrew wrote: »
    It's called Castle Ewen, it's a rock formation in a place called the fairy glen on the Isle of Skye in Scotland, its a bit cheeky including that picture in a tour that is supposed to be Ireland!

Mystery solved! Thanks bladebrew, yes, very cheeky of them :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

"impressive" bit of research by the Australian paper.... shameful.

Advertisement