Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travelling abroad .need new dual sim.Max budget 170

Options
  • 28-03-2015 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭

I'm travelling for work and in the us in the next month for two weeks. Need a new Fone with dual sims so I can use one for web etc whilst I'm there.. Any ideas? Looking at huawei honour, or Asus zenfone. Anyone recommend one? Naturally android!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I moved your thread to Android devices as per your post. Report it if you are looking for other dual sim OS options

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

Moto G 2015 (not 4G) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I'm travelling for work and in the us in the next month for two weeks. Need a new Fone with dual sims so I can use one for web etc whilst I'm there.. Any ideas? Looking at huawei honour, or Asus zenfone. Anyone recommend one? Naturally android!

What screen size do you have in mind? Any other requirements\deal-breakers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

corwill wrote: »
    What screen size do you have in mind? Any other requirements\deal-breakers?

I have a nexus 5 at the moment which I believe the screen size is good enough..

Reasonable storage which can be expanded.
    Lollipop

The moto g 2015 is not dual sim..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Lollipop

There is definitely a Moto G 2nd gen (maybe initial release was end of last year) that has dual sim but not 4g, and Moto G 2nd gen (released this month) that has single sim and no 4g

And here it is: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NBSZ56C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

There is definitely a Moto G 2nd gen (maybe initial release was end of last year) that has dual sim but not 4g, and Moto G 2nd gen (released this month) that has single sim and 4g

Exactly, perhaps I should have said 2nd gen rather than 2015, but the Moto G is a good dual sim 3G option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Lollipop

If you can live with KitKat, maybe have a look at the Lenovo K3 - http://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Lenovo-K3-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-410-Android-4-4-5-0-1280-720pixels-294PPI-Rear-800MP/342812_32249764175.html

(Disclaimer - I have nothing to do with the linked vendor, nor am I recommending that any poster buy from them; linked for illustrative purposes only!)

Be mindful of US 3g and 4g bands, though. If you want to use it in Ireland, you'd want the K30W, not the K30T.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

Picked up a 2nd gen moto g 8 gig with dual sim. Thanks for help.

Advertisement