Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

season 6 winners.....

Options
  • 28-03-2015 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭

Any early predictions lads?

D1 - City, (Sorry Ger curse of death!!) With the signings already in the bag has to be in with a strong about of 3 in a row!
    D2 - Sunderland, I can just see 'Alonso plays it through and GOAL for Benzima' quite a lot this season, though Palermo pulling the plug on Robert makes things interesting
    D3 - Fiorentina, Strongest team in the division for me, manager has done well assembling that pool of talent but now needs to lead them
    D4 - Malaga, Gone for them quite a bit now, but new man going in there with a real hunger for the game and fingers crossed he can bring them to where they should be

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Ok,

Div| Position | Team | Comment
    D1 | WINNER | Atletico to sneak in this season | Would have said Barcelona but they seems pre-occupied with his CL Throphy Run :P.
    D1 | RUNNER UP | Man City| stronger first 11 than S5 ... can the squad cope with injuries
    D1 | 8th | Porto| Can they do it for the 3rd season running :D
    ---
    |

|

|

D2 | WINNER | Lazio | Huntelaar should help them reach the heights they just missed this season.
    D2 | RUNNER UP | Liverpool | Suarez and Sturridge should do well in D2
    D2 | PLAY OFF WINNER | Leverkusen | Always there or their abouts
    ---
    |

|

|

D3 | WINNER | Fiorentina| Strong squad
    D3 | RUNNER UP | Panathinaikos| Was close to a playoff spot this season
    D3 | PLAY OFF WINNER | PSV| No reason other than ... hope a non AI team gets promoted
    ---
    |

|

|

D4 | WINNER |LA Galaxy | did a fantastic job in Season 5
    D4 | RUNNER UP | Malaga| Getting a new manager (again) might push them to promotion
    D4 | PLAY OFF WINNER | Genoa| No particular reason

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

D1 - gonna go with athletico Madrid but hope I can challenge.
    D2 - Lazio, as much as he says he doesn't want to go up, I think they can easily do it. But with the teams going down it will be tough.
    D3 - Celtic.
    D4 - LA Galaxy where so close last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

D1 - Head says Barca, heart says Atletico Madrid. I'll go for Barca
    D2 - Lazio closely followed by Sunderland and Newcastle
    D3 - Panathinakos then Flamengo. Good transfer dealings in Greece, plays the game how it should be played.
    D4 - Malaga, great squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

D1 - I'm backing Ger to do three in a row - Man City
    D2 - Toughie, could be any of three, I'm going to go for Sunderland over Newcastle and Lazio
    D3 - Flamengo to come straight back up
    D4 - Isco, Isco, Isco - Malaga

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Bloody hell lads, I'm not officially manager yet and the pressure is already on! :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

div 1 - City under pressure from barca
    div 2 - lazio clear of sunderland
    div 3 - fiorentina just ahead of celtic
    div 4 - malaga romp, genoa grabbing runner up

div 1 - City under pressure from barca
    div 2 - lazio clear of sunderland
    div 3 - fiorentina just ahead of celtic
    div 4 - malaga romp, genoa grabbing runner up

Again, thanks for that!!!

Sure I'm late into the job, no proper close season and as LVG says it will take 3 months before things show signs of improvement!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

I doubt I'll finish ahead of the big guns this season, I think my chairman with his mid table expectation might be on the ball, but thanks for the above vote of confidence.

Div 1 Man City
    Div 2 Lazio
    Div 3 Fiorentina
    Div 4 Lyon/Malaga

Div 1: A lot of great squads in this division that could all push for the title but I'm going to take the safe option and go with Man City for 3 in a row. Great transfer business and sound man in charge. Fully expect it to go down to last day though. Barca to take some solace with 5th European cup in a row and Porto to finish 7th after 8th the last 2 seasons!!

Div 2: Unlucky to miss out on goal difference last season and has since really strengthened first team with Matic transfer so Im going with Lazio to take the title. Astute manager and good on the chat to boot!
    He won't be short of challengers though, really tough to pick but I will chance my arm on Suarez, sturridge and sterling to fire Liverpool straight back up and Leverkusen to navigate whats sure to be a quality play-off.

Div 3: Fiorentina. Excellent team and squad. PSV should challenge and Im going to go with Celtic to get back to back promotions.

Div 4- Lyon should challenge for automatic promotion, Genoa just came up short last time around so will go close as will LA Galaxy

Div 1: A lot of great squads in this division that could all push for the title but I'm going to take the safe option and go with Man City for 3 in a row. Great transfer business and sound man in charge. Fully expect it to go down to last day though. Barca to take some solace with 5th European cup in a row and Porto to finish 7th after 8th the last 2 seasons!!

Div 2: Unlucky to miss out on goal difference last season and has since really strengthened first team with Matic transfer so Im going with Lazio to take the title. Astute manager and good on the chat to boot!
    He won't be short of challengers though, really tough to pick but I will chance my arm on Suarez, sturridge and sterling to fire Liverpool straight back up and Leverkusen to navigate whats sure to be a quality play-off.

Div 3: Fiorentina. Excellent team and squad. PSV should challenge and Im going to go with Celtic to get back to back promotions.

Div 4- Lyon should challenge for automatic promotion, Genoa just came up short last time around so will go close as will LA Galaxy

Talk about putting pressure on me! 8th is where we belong ;)

• Advertisement

Not a great attempt!

Way off in Div 1, Leverkusen beaten in div 2 play-offs, PSV won div 3, but I enjoyed messing up my div 4 prediction beating both Genoa and LA Galaxy in play-offs!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Ok,

Div| Position | Team | Comment
    D1 | WINNER | Atletico to sneak in this season | Would have said Barcelona but they seems pre-occupied with his CL Throphy Run :P.
    D1 | RUNNER UP | Man City| stronger first 11 than S5 ... can the squad cope with injuries
    D1 | 8th | Porto| Can they do it for the 3rd season running :D
    ---
    |

|

|

D2 | WINNER | Lazio | Huntelaar should help them reach the heights they just missed this season.
    D2 | RUNNER UP | Liverpool | Suarez and Sturridge should do well in D2
    D2 | PLAY OFF WINNER | Leverkusen | Always there or their abouts
    ---
    |

|

|

D3 | WINNER | Fiorentina| Strong squad
    D3 | RUNNER UP | Panathinaikos| Was close to a playoff spot this season
    D3 | PLAY OFF WINNER | PSV| No reason other than ... hope a non AI team gets promoted
    ---
    |

|

|

D4 | WINNER |LA Galaxy | did a fantastic job in Season 5
    D4 | RUNNER UP | Malaga| Getting a new manager (again) might push them to promotion
    D4 | PLAY OFF WINNER | Genoa| No particular reason

My predictions were ...how do you say ... a bit ****

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    My predictions were ...how do you say ... a bit ****

Div 3 & 4 weren't far off in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

D1 - City, (Sorry Ger curse of death!!) With the signings already in the bag has to be in with a strong about of 3 in a row! D2 - Sunderland, I can just see 'Alonso plays it through and GOAL for Benzima' quite a lot this season, though Palermo pulling the plug on Robert makes things interesting D3 - Fiorentina, Strongest team in the division for me, manager has done well assembling that pool of talent but now needs to lead them D4 - Malaga, Gone for them quite a bit now, but new man going in there with a real hunger for the game and fingers crossed he can bring them to where they should be

Wow, when I said I was giving City the kiss of death I really meant it huh!!!

Grand total of Zero for me, going with some serious random selections for the next one! .

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Sorry to everyone that voted for me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Sorry to everyone that voted for me :o

Yeah..... Me too, kinda didn't see it going so south so fast!!

Advertisement