Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.mplus on Android

Options
  • 28-03-2015 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi, having a problem with storage on Samsung Galaxy S4. Anyone know what .mplus is? It's taking up over 4Gb of space in miscellaneous files. Just wondering I'd I can uninstall it or is it part of the OS?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

ellie1511 wrote: »
    Hi, having a problem with storage on Samsung Galaxy S4. Anyone know what .mplus is? It's taking up over 4Gb of space in miscellaneous files. Just wondering I'd I can uninstall it or is it part of the OS?

I have a similar problem on my Samsung Galaxy Alpha, only my .mplus is 21Gb. I don't have many apps installed and I've started getting warnings about storage. Is there a.way of reducing this or is it safe to delete? I can find very little about .mplus online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Do you have any app called mplus on your device....

like this magazine app for instance:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.MPlusIssue1&hl=en

It's storage of stuff related to some app, like on my Nexus, I have .estrongs of 2.94GB, which relates to ES File Manager Recycle Bin for deleted stuff.

Screenshots to demonstrate the miscellaneous files for ES File Manager:

Misc shows over 3Gigs, 2.94 in .estrongs [ES File Manager]

image1.jpg

ES Recycle Bin has some files...[ahemmm]...you can see around 8 biggies.

I cleared/emptied the Bin, and the second pic shows this reflected in the Misc files contents.

image2.jpg

So, it's an app, which is caching or saving data locally, on your device.

I don't know which app, but my suggestion above is a magazine, which could easily be storing large data.

Advertisement