Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to set up DSL filter for alarm

Options
  • 27-03-2015 10:07pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

Could anyone tell me how to set up this filter with a HKC 812 Panel
    communicator?

I have a 6 core cable going to an extension socket (which is regular 4 core) to the main socket. This socket feeds to both phone and broadband. How would I go about wiring this? I can disable the main socket no problem but need the alarm to be able to seize the line.

Thanks

343299.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭altor

Do you know who makes it?
    I would presume the line in would be the A/B and the line out would be 2/5.

You would need to test tho :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

altor wrote: »
    Do you know who makes it?
    I would presume the line in would be the A/B and the line out would be 2/5.

You would need to test tho :)

And how would I set up line seizure?

Mr. G wrote: »
    And how would I set up line seizure?

To set up line seizure you need the main line going into the control panel then back out to phone. When the alarm seizes the line all other devices should not be able to get a dial tone. Did you find out the make of the filter?
    Have you the 8/12 set up to text you?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

altor wrote: »
    To set up line seizure you need the main line going into the control panel then back out to phone. When the alarm seizes the line all other devices should not be able to get a dial tone. Did you find out the make of the filter?
    Have you the 8/12 set up to text you?

No idea what the make or model of the filter is. It's the only one REW in Finglas had. I'll try and find out.

Won't be using SMS as it's being phased out, instead I'll have it ring me.

My question is when wiring this, does the line AB go directly through the alarm, then to the socket (for DSL and phone connection). Would I be correct in this set up? Surely it wouldn't be right for the DSL to be filtered twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭thadg

how will you have it ringing you?

I thought the hkc panels would only text you and youd have to go through a monitoring station only for ringing i.e. anyone using the eircom sms text service either go monitoring or change your dialler to a gsm dialler but am open to correction on this

just looking at your pic there, that looks more like a relay, 2,3,5 might be normally open , common and normally closed. A and B are what closes or opens 2 or 5 eg if A and B were connected to the bell circuit of a fire alarm panel, it would trigger the terminals you chose 2,3,5 and these would be connected to a zone on your intruder alarm panel so your fire alarm system would be monitored.

might be wrong but that's what it looks like

• Advertisement

Mr. G wrote: »
    No idea what the make or model of the filter is. It's the only one REW in Finglas had. I'll try and find out.

Won't be using SMS as it's being phased out, instead I'll have it ring me.

My question is when wiring this, does the line AB go directly through the alarm, then to the socket (for DSL and phone connection). Would I be correct in this set up? Surely it wouldn't be right for the DSL to be filtered twice?

I have never used one of these filters. I would assume the line in goes to the A/B then out on the 2/5. Did you have any joy with finding out the type of filter?

Advertisement