Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portugal - Lisbon Coast

Options
  • 27-03-2015 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My partner and I have booked flights to Lisbon for this July. We want to spend a relaxing week in a resort area up the coast and then the last few nights in Lisbon. Wouldn't mind being close to some activities/sights, but not too fussed about the nightlife.

Has anybody been to Cascais or Estoril? Or if anybody has any suggestions of places they've been that they would recommend. We've never been to Portugal so we don't know where to start looking!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

We spent a short break in cascais a few years ago really liked it. Bus tour to sintra was really nice and visited a cool castle on a hill. Can't think of the name. Hired bikes to cycle to beach a few miles away. Lovely place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Cascais is a good spot giving you easy access to Lisbon by train.
    Has some nice beaches just north of the town and plenty of restaurants. Try find local restaurants rather than tourist ones.
    Their are also spots on the way Into Lisbon like Belem and alges worth looking around.

Lisbon itself is nice and the park of the nations is worth a visit with a big aquarium.

Over the river you could visit Costa da caparica which has a nice beach and setubal for fish restaurants and a ferry from there to troia.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 dinny_byrne

Butterface wrote: »
    Hi all,

My partner and I have booked flights to Lisbon for this July. We want to spend a relaxing week in a resort area up the coast and then the last few nights in Lisbon. Wouldn't mind being close to some activities/sights, but not too fussed about the nightlife.

Has anybody been to Cascais or Estoril? Or if anybody has any suggestions of places they've been that they would recommend. We've never been to Portugal so we don't know where to start looking!:)

was in cascais for a day last year , its not worth any longer than that , sea side is nice but nothing spectacular , its a slightly bland place , town is pretty but nothing particulary memorable

loved lisbon but the highlight of the four day trip was a day in sintra

Advertisement