Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recover whatsapp pics after factory reset?

Options
  • 26-03-2015 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

In the doghouse big time guys, hope someone can offer a solution to this one :)

I did a factory reset on my wifes Samsung Galaxy S3 but forgot to backup her whatsapp pictures beforehand. She has since reinstalled whatsapp and has lost of all her pictures. Is there any way of recovering them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭droidman123

if you had saved the the pics and had "sync" switched on they should be in google photos

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Hook it up to a PC as external storage and try using software to undelete files.

Or you can try an app like dumpster or disk digger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

if you had saved the the pics and had "sync" switched on they should be in google photos

Afraid not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

If there's any hope of recovering, first thing you must do is turn off the phone and don't use it until you figure out a plan. This way the data won't be over written.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Disk digger from the play store worked a treat for me, but you need to be rooted.
    Connect to a PC with USB cable and try some free undelete software if rooting is not an option.
    As the poster above says, don't use the phone if possible, the data is still there but will be overwritten as you use the phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement