Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile S5 Lollipop update

Options
  • 26-03-2015 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Checked for SW upgrade on Emobile s5 today and there is one. 925 Mb. In process of installing. A colleague got same this morning but reported that there was a second update of approx 330 Mb after first installed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭chases0102

I see this on my phone also...I am a bit reluctant to go ahead with the update however; I have heard various things that it can damage the phone's (excellent) battery life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

chases0102 wrote: »
    I see this on my phone also...I am a bit reluctant to go ahead with the update however; I have heard various things that it can damage the phone's (excellent) battery life.

I found it improved the battery life on mine also a full reset after the install is worth doing imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭chases0102

Thanks... What steps could I tale to ensure I don't lose contacts, photos, apps, etc. if I reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

chases0102 wrote: »
    Thanks... What steps could I tale to ensure I don't lose contacts, photos, apps, etc. if I reset?

On the S5 they recommend you wipe the cache. Power off the phone.
    Press Volume up button + power button + home button simultaneously. Then in recovery mode, select wipe the cache and afterwards reboot the phone.
    You won't lose any information this way. It supposedly improves phone performance after lollipop has been installed.

Lollipop has slowed down my phone considerably, this trick helps a little but overall, my first impression is that this upgrade sucks.

Advertisement