Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very expensive dentist in tramore beware

Options
  • 26-03-2015 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi beware of *** no names allowed ****
    * is very expensive and only interested in money
    A consultation with one x ray was 70 euro
    A filling with cleaning of one quadrant of my mouth cost 170 euro.
    This filling was left high and I had to get it polished down by another dentist
    I had a consultation with another dentist
    Which last one hour he took 3 x rays and explained everything to me and there was no charge
    Beware

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Hi beware of tramore dental
    She is very expensive and only interested in money
    A consultation with one x ray was 70 euro
    A filling with cleaning of one quadrant of my mouth cost 170 euro.
    This filling was left high and I had to get it polished down by another dentist
    I had a consultation with another dentist
    Which last one hour he took 3 x rays and explained everything to me and there was no charge
    Beware

That doesn't sound excessively high. What do you think it should cost? A 10 minute consultation with a GP is €50, your dentist probably spent 30 minutes examining and x-raying your teeth and gums. The dentist's clinic also costs a multiple of what a GP's clinic would cost....

Instead of giving out about the first dentist, why don't you name and recommend the second dentist?? Free dentistry, he sounds great!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dianthus

OP, you have an equal responsibility here. If you're paying for treatment, ask for a verbal&/written treatment plan with a breakdown of the cost before you embark on a course of treatment with a dentist.
    All dental practices are obliged by the Irish Dental Council to display their fees, precisely so there is clarity & patients can shop around.
    I'm amazed you were seen by a dentist for a full hour for free......I don't know of anyone who works for free, plus they'd have had to pay their nurse& receptionist an hours' wages for the time you were there? V odd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

How much additional treatment did the dentist that works for free recommend during that hour? Nobody works for free, you pay for the consult at the time or later, but you pay. I agree with OS, the original price does not seem that high, I looked up that dentists website and actually they undercharged you, a exam is 50 euro and small X-ray is 25 a large filling is 130 and a cleaning is 50 with the dentist that is 255, you paid 240 so the dentist much have liked you . A filling being high is extremely common, especially with dentist who try and carve the filling to a proper shape. Its much easier to cut it low.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cossie legend

This dentist is in thomastown he took plenty of time to explain everything in detail it took an hour
    He is 250 per crown cheaper as well
    I suppose it was ok to leave my filling high and cause me pain as well
    Their price list quotes cleaning 40
    And a filling 60 to 100 so it's excessive to me and 750 for a crown that I can get done for 500 is also excessive

It's no common if done properly and no extra work was recommended
    His quote for crowns was cheaper by 250 euro
    No one mentioned my filling was deep and the their price list quotes 40 cleaning and 60/100 for a filling

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dianthus

All's well that ends well so, OP, you've found a dentist who ticks all the boxes- happy days!
    As regards the previous dentist, any gripes are best directed towards them personally. Most practices have a complaints procedure,& all practices value patient feedback.
    All patients should ask beforehand what exactly treatment will cost if cost is an issue.
    Every single dentist will have patients who love them & patients who hate them, no dentist out there is all things to all men!
    I don't think it's particularly right or fair to name someone else online but remain anonymous yourself....

Your entitled to u r opinion
    I will be onto my old dentist to complian don't worry
    I also know of another dentist in tramore who did not charge a friend of mine for a consultation only for the work she carried out but she is not taking new clients
    It's not just about money it's a feeling of being ripped off and not receiving quality of service
    If u pay top money u expect a top service and I don't think I received it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

If u pay top money u expect a top service and I don't think I received it

Ah i think this is the issue, its the service you received, or something that was said. As said make your greviances known to the dentist. Sound like you have found a dentist you are happy with who charges a price you can afford. Happy days.

Advertisement