Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A person who takes insults as compliments

Options
  • 26-03-2015 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

There was this guy I knew who loved acting like a dick, I was confronted him and called him a devious sociopath, he just smiled and said "yes I know"
    What sort of person is this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

mick145 wrote: »
    There was this guy I knew who loved acting like a dick, I was confronted him and called him a devious sociopath, he just smiled and said "yes I know"

A devious sociopath?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Business School 101.

If more people think you're sound than think you're a cnut, you're no good at the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

A devious sociopath?

It's really the obvious answer, isn't it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Sounds kinda like me.... He's a good lad. Embrace who you are I say, whether weakling who doesn't get what he wants or sociopathic go getter...

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

If someone called me a devious sociopath I would most likely laugh and thank them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

He's the kind of guy you'll be working for one day. Get used to them. If you're lucky you'll only have to vote for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

By calling him something less than ordinary, such as a "devious sociopath"
    Show to him that you have been taliking about him with other people, and you or the people you were talking with coined this name, devious sociopath, for him.

It shows to him that he is being talked about outside of work and perhaps he gets a thrill from that.

If you had called him a regular insulting phrase such as a "weird fooker", this shows little evidence that you have talked about him as it is a phrase regularly used to insult.

It says more about you than him!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Best to ignore him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

....Lou Bloom?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

Enda Kenny ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I knew someone like that a few years ago. They were told that acting like that didn't make them cool or edgy, it just made them look pathetic, which seemed to make a cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Devious sociopath isn't an insult...especially the devious part. Thats like cunning and clever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Hey hey hey.

Thats Mr Devious Sociopath.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Devious sociopath isn't an insult...especially the devious part. Thats like cunning and clever

Don't think I'd fancy being called a sociopath, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Knex. wrote: »
    Don't think I'd fancy being called a sociopath, tbh.

Me neither but a lot of people associate sociopaths with like power and intelligence, why I don't know. But saying you're a bad/terrible person or something along those lines seems more offensive

Advertisement