Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We just like to complain?

Options
  • 26-03-2015 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

I've notice that with a lot of Irish people (I'm Irish myself) that we just like complaining or at least a lot of people I've met do, especially complaining about people who are doing well for themselves,
    For instance in school today, there was a lad doing his sound check and basic run through the songs and a group of lads just said 'what a ******' and as he tried to sing they just shouted and booed.

Same thing happened in class, someone I know tried to ask a question and another group of lads kept purposely talking over him, felt sorry for the poor lad.

It just seems people don't like others bettering themselves and to get the upper hand they drag them back down..
    Sad sight

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

What an original AH topic. Complaining about the complainers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

School.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Wains coming in taking over the place, wait til your as oul as me OP, then you'll have something to complain about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Wains coming in taking over the place, wait til your as oul as me OP, then you'll have something to complain about!

Whisht young lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I remember when AH was all fields. We used to walk to school in our bare feet in the snow. On Sundays we painted our feet black going to mass to look like shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Seanf999

Tilly wrote: »
    School.

One of too many places I've seen it happen

Tilly wrote: »
    I remember when AH was all fields. We used to walk to school in our bare feet in the snow. On Sundays we painted our feet black going to mass to look like shoes.

You were lucky you had paint, we had to walk through the dungheap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Seanf999 wrote: »
    I've notice that with a lot of Irish people (I'm Irish myself) that we just like complaining or at least a lot of people I've met do, especially complaining about people who are doing well for themselves,
    For instance in school today, there was a lad doing his sound check and basic run through the songs and a group of lads just said 'what a ******' and as he tried to sing they just shouted and booed.

Same thing happened in class, someone I know tried to ask a question and another group of lads kept purposely talking over him, felt sorry for the poor lad.

It just seems people don't like others bettering themselves and to get the upper hand they drag them back down
    Sad sight

Lack of education and bad manners is all it is. Unfortunately this generation have no idea how to forward themselves in a polite and professional way. Sad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Wains is a great word. I'm a poor bogger and yet somehow that word conjures up images of places more deprived than my own. :)

• Advertisement

The Peanut wrote: »
    Wains is a great word. I'm a poor bogger and yet somehow that word conjures up images of places more deprived than my own. :)
    Think it's a Scottish word originally, but around here it's all wains.

Thon time already and not a wain washed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

Are you from glasgow tbm?

Dozer Dave wrote: »

You're new to AH anyway. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

You really are a special breed up there.

One of the suburbs. Donegal. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

One of the suburbs. Donegal. :)

Is that raving postman of yours still alive?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Yeah it's Ulster Scots. Lived in Donegal for a while myself and I noticed that the further away from Inishowen and Derry you go, it changes from 'wains' more to 'weans' and 'wee-uns'. I digress.

Complainers annoy me to the stage where I feel compelled to express my annoyance to others verbally.

Is that raving postman of yours still alive?

That's Finn Valley, far away as Christmas from me, I'm from Inishowen, half a mile short of an independent country, some day we might blow up the Pennyburn bridge and make it that way. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

There is (or used to be) a creche in Buncrana or Burnfoot or somewhere called Wains' World, drove past it shortly after driving past a pub that had built an extension to house a nightclub in, they named the club...The Extension. Nearly wet myself. Donegal isn't a place, it's a state of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Doing a sound check doing double Irish. Respect for getting the band together so early in the morning. I used to piss off myself when that nonsense started. Was it the teacher that was interrupting ? They've no respect for young X Factor people ....these old twats. Buy him / her a copy of Peig and they'll go sit in a corner and weep.

• Advertisement
Advertisement