Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beeping the horn

Options
  • 25-03-2015 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭

for the drivers,are you a beeper? what purpose does it serve for you, just to let off steam etc? do you approve of it? I hate how many people just use it as audio code for '**** you' in a bully boy kind of way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppppppppppppppppp

ha ha, a beep post :

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I always felt every car should have a different variety of them. One for saying "It's cool, you go first," one for saying "Thanks very much, that's really nice," one for "You are a bastard" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Robsweezie wrote: »
    for the drivers,are you a beeper? what purpose does it serve for you, just to let off steam etc? do you approve of it? I hate how many people just use it as audio code for '**** you' in a bully boy kind of way.

I hate knob ends who are first in line at traffic lights and have their head stuck in their phones.

Sure go on a check facebook, its not as if im rushing anywhere.

Beep beep, move it a$shole!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

If someone doesn't know how to drive their car properly, they will certainly be getting a loud beep from me

• Registered Users Posts: 20,418 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

You'll wear out your horn if you beeb it too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I only use it when I'm driving under a bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

It's a form of auto-eroticisim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

I've only ever used my horn on livestock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

TheBrinch wrote: »
    If someone doesn't know how to drive their car properly, they will certainly be getting a loud beep from me

OP didn't include riders of high horses :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Wouldn't be a big fan of the horn at all, should only be used sparingly in extenuating circumstances imo.

I'm reminded of a court case here a few years ago, a well known older lady was in a collision with a younger fella which ended up in court. Giving evidence, the lady says 'Your Honour, I noticed the young lad coming for me at a furious rate. I gave him the horn, and before I knew it he was on top of me'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

I always felt every car should have a different variety of them. One for saying "It's cool, you go first," one for saying "Thanks very much, that's really nice," one for "You are a bastard" etc.

rear-end them once for a cu*t and twice if they are sound.

that's how signals work.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

OP didn't include riders of high horses :pac:

-clip clop clip clop- we actually use trumpets /-clip clop clip clop-

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Horn is there for safety.

Not for beeping at 2am as you leave some gaff.

My horn has been used a lot but working a ok.

Chuck Norris wouldn't be one for the need of a horn he would solve the problem with a swift kick to your face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Just two beep modes for me. Soft beep means stop doing your make up or texting, the light is green. Loud one is you're a cnut for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,418 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Handy for alerting cyclists to your presence.

I get that sometimes.
    OK if there's a group of young lads in the car,might be mildly amusing if they're all slightly autistic.
    Sometimes however it's guys on their own and not always young . I'm always genuinely embarrassed for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Not using a filter light deserves a beep.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mainly use it on those doing lessons...just to give them some real world experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Like this tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

If I feel someone has prematurely used their horn at traffic lights I'm quite happy to make them wait until they turn green the second time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

I like them coaches in Greece that have a button that "whistles" to their mates they meet on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

now before someone says it's only a health and safety issue - what do you do when the twit in front of you hasn't quite reached the pressure strips and the lights have changed for the third time without us getting away....use a very long one....I say!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

One of the 'biggest regrets from people on their deathbeds' is that they didn't use their horn more liberally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Round here people beep if they know you - different in town of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Mech1

Ranchu wrote: »
    If I feel someone has prematurely used their horn at traffic lights I'm quite happy to make them wait until they turn green the second time.

You "my friend" are an asshole. Its described here http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=asshole

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Round here people beep if they know you - different in town of course.

I suspect you're not talking about Dublin, for the first time I say to myself 'oh which TOWN would that be ye reverse-jackeen bollox?!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

It's how I salute the neighbours, that and the one finger on the steering wheel or back when I was a bauld fella the hand spread backwards up against the windscreen. :p

Hah, seems not only an Irish thing.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/local/kyle-munson/2014/11/12/farmer-wave-week-rural-ritual-finger-salute/18899285/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Beeping the horn my eyes were playing games with me, I thought it said being on the horn lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

The horn should be applied liberally to taxis and cyclists, because they both believe themselves superior to all other road users.

^joke, but I'd only reserve it for dangerous stuff. I'll use the lights quicker than the horn, but you gotta be careful to keep them on for a few seconds or people think you're beckoning them to pull out in front of you :rolleyes:

Advertisement