Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banjo player wanted in Dublin

Options
  • 25-03-2015 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi. I play in a three piece ballad band in the Dublin area. Basically we were gigging a lot last year, had a break for a few months and are back at it again. Unfortunately our banjo player can't commit as much as he once was so we're looking for a banjo player to take some gigs. It's basically Irish ballads, I play guitar, the singer also plays guitar and some whistles and then a banjo / mandolin player to complete the line up. Its basic but it works. We have gigs in the diary and are working on getting some more. In terms of whats required if you know your ballads you'll be able to do this. Its not rocket science by any means but it does require a certain amount of skill. There wont be any rehearsal beforehand but I'll be able to send a setlist with the keys the songs are in. Next gig is on Easter Sunday at 5pm in Dublin so we need someone to take that. If there's anybody out there would be interested in this please pm me. If you've any samples of your playing feel free to pass them on and tell me a little about your experience as far as irish music goes.
    Cheers
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Johnny Madra

Dave,

Just spotted your ad. Are you still looking for a banjo player?

Advertisement