Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre cancelling contract problems

Options
  • 25-03-2015 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I just wanted to share my experience and hopefully stop anyone else having the same insane hassle!

I was enticed to switch from UPC to Eircom but changed my mind and had a nightmare cancelling within my cooling off period.

This is why:

Late June I signed up at the door for eFibre as cheaper and apparently faster than I would have gotten at the time from UPC.

3 days later (Monday) I phoned eircom to cancel within my 14 day cooling off period.
    While on the phone I was told by the loyalty team that the promised download speed would actually not even be close to this - so they lied about the download speed...

The next day (Tues) Eircom took my phone number at 14.30 from UPC even though I had cancelled my switch on Monday!

On Wed I was informed I needed a UAN from Eircom so that UPC could get my phone number back. I called Eircom again.
    At this stage I was getting very annoyed but thought I would have my phone number back within 24 hours.

Later that day I received a booking call to install the service that I had cancelled on Monday!
    Then I received a booking text (steam started to come out my ears!)

I phoned Eircom again to confirm AGAIN that I had indeed been cancelled - Assured I was but that their systems didn't talk to each other... so when I phoned and cancelled earlier in the week the process continued regardless!

9 days later and many phone calls over and back to eircom and upc I got my original phone number back!

I thought that it was all sorted and then I received a bill for 8 euro for having no service! This was the icing on the cake!

And in my view cemented my opinion that Eircom were as useful as a chocolate teapot!

I then phoned Eircom again and got the bill waived and any dd details deleted. But now every month I receive a letter telling me my account details of 8 euro in credit for an account that shouldn't exist!

Be warned - think long and hard about joining a company that can make such a shambles of such an easy transaction!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Never sign up to anything on your doorstep no matter how good it seems, salesmen tell porkies and usually know little about what they're selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

tumshee33 wrote: »

Late June I signed up at the door for...

I stopped reading right there.

Advertisement