Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese. (Mod note Post 1)

Options
  • 25-03-2015 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,418 ✭✭✭✭

How well does the Chinese community integrate into small town Ireland?
    There's usually only a handful of them,do they feel isolated?
    May be talking gibberish but I kinda feel sorry for them sometimes.

Mod note: drop the stereotyping, the generalizations and the racism. This is the only warning you're getting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

kneemos wrote: »

No, they're not talking gibberish, that's Chinese you racist :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

They seem to love gambling. Well they do where i am from anyway (Las Vegas).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Mr_Muffin wrote: »

Is that the Las Vegas in Carlow?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Great bunch of lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Mr_Muffin wrote: »

how can you generalize an entire race like that, such racism.

but yeah they do like gambling and video games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Spunge wrote: »
    how can you generalize an entire race like that, such racism.

but yeah they do like gambling and video games

They can be racist themselves when it suits, a Chinese lad used to come in to the bureau De change in the travel agents I worked in back when I was a student.

He'd come in at the same time each week with the same amount of yen, which he would change into pounds.

Anyway, one week he was in, and handed me the same sum of yen, and I handed him his sterling, which he then counted.

(yen had fallen in value pretty steeply that week) anyway, your man counts it, then starts tapping the glass at me, pointing at his money, and "yo, why less this week"???

" fluctuations " I said, and shrugged my shoulders.

Next thing I see is him raising his middle fingers, and shouts" Fluck you Irish too, dick head "! :mad:

They can be racist cheeky bastards themselves when it suits, a Chinese lad used to come in to the bureau De change in the travel agents I worked in back when I was a student.

He'd come in at the same time each week with the same amount of yen, which he would change into pounds.

Anyway, one week he was in, and handed me the same sum of yen, and I handed him his sterling, which he then counted.

(yen had fallen in value pretty steeply that week) anyway, your man counts it, then status tapping the glass at me, pointing at his money, and "yo, why less this week"???

" fluctuations " I said, and shrugged my shoulders.

Next thing I see is him raising his middle fingers, and shouts" Fluck you Irish too, dick head "! :mad:

well, asians are known for being racist

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I think integration of non Irish in Ireland has been incredibly poor in general. So much so that I think we have many a future problem awaiting us. I just hope that we don't see serious ghetto creation in our cities

Uriel. wrote: »
    I think integration of non Irish in Ireland has been incredibly poor in general. So much so that I think we have many a future problem awaiting us. I just hope that we don't see serious ghetto creation in our cities

really ? i think its going pretty well. Particularly in the younger generation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Eramen

Uriel. wrote: »

I can't think of any place where integration actually works (barring small numbers of new people); except in the mind of the hopeless idealist that is.

Then again even some of the 'non-Irish' - the young ones even - don't want to be part of the group or 'us' it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

kneemos wrote: »
    How well does the Chinese community integrate into small town Ireland?
    There's usually only a handful of them,do they feel isolated?

Y'know,

Everytime I see a thread of yours. I cant help but imagine a little, cross eyed, ginger kid, relentlessly stuffing cotton buds up his nose while thinking up random questions to ask the Internet.

OT, I'm sure any Chinese people in rural Ireland are graaaand.

Bon chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

really ? i think its going pretty well. Particularly in the younger generation

I agree, in my daughters class in preschool, there are Asian kids, and a few kids of African origin.

It warms my heart to see them all playing happily with each other, completely indifferent to the other persons race or colour.

It's the only proof that I need that racism is something taught, or bred into people. Because you only have to watch this bunch of 4 year olds to know it's not a natural human emotion or trait.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

well, asians are known for being racist

is that supposed to make it okay

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Mod note: drop the stereotyping, the generalizations and the racism. This is the only warning you're getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

There's a Chinese family live near me, the woman is a nice sort, terribly nosy though, would ask you where you pooped last. So yeah, they fit right in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Seem to be quite timid and reserved for the most part. I think they garner a lot more respect hee in general, due to the work ethic & that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

(In scouse accent) Why do we have to talk to this facist?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement