Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rte programming

Options
  • 25-03-2015 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

i want to know why are rte employees interviewing each other on chatshows, is anybody interested in them, or is it more cheap programming. why does rte sport continually report on minor injuries to both gaa players and members of the soccer team . is it news if one of them suffers a minor niggle , i think not and i am not interested does anybody else feel like this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,362 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I assume the incestual interviewing is cheapness alright, having to get 5 'outsider' guests on a chatshow would be more expensive. People do appear interested, the LLS and TSS are constant high ratings.
    Not unique to RTE though, BBC and ITV chatshows will also have inhouse guests regularly enough.

Sports bulletins, yep people are interested in whether Keane or Gooch will be fit, did they train etc. You ask 'is it news?'. No its not, it is sports news though and seems valid for a sports bulletin. If you've little interest in sport it probably seems a waste of time though. But not every minute of every program is of interest to everyone.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Hi wisejohn,

Unfortunately this is a politics forum and there are certain standards of debate required. To post here you would need to show how this is a political issue and put forward cogent reasons for that.

Being unhappy with how they run their programmes is not sufficient I'm afriad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement