Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 Conspiracy Theories Which Turned Out to be True

Options
  • 25-03-2015 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

There are types of stories called “conspiracy theories” and the people who teach them are considered by “society” as crazy fanatics who often need medical treatment. What if I tell you that “society” should take some of that medical treatment, cause sometimes such incredible stories, nobody believed in, turn out to be 100% true.

Continue Reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

Is it just me or are there loads of letters missing from the text on that site?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

They don't want you to see them:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

xabi wrote: »
    Is it just me or are there loads of letters missing from the text on that site?

Those are pictures with really crappy load times, looks like a paragraph is missing here and there when it's just a picture either failing to load or taking it's sweet time

Interesting article all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AFreeIrishman

It's funny how people can throw little known information at others, and be instantly shot down/made fun of for it. But later, when it turns out that the information was true, no one says a damn word. It says a lot about how people view themselves and the world around them. For example, I figured out what happened to that Russian sub, the Kursk when it was sunk a few years back, and had people laugh in my face at my 'mad theory'. Just last year, the Russian government released information about it, proving me correct... Never dis the 'conspiracy theorist' if they base their theories on fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

Deleted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

It's funny how people can throw little known information at others, and be instantly shot down/made fun of for it. But later, when it turns out that the information was true, no one says a damn word. It says a lot about how people view themselves and the world around them. For example, I figured out what happened to that Russian sub, the Kursk when it was sunk a few years back, and had people laugh in my face at my 'mad theory'. Just last year, the Russian government released information about it, proving me correct... Never dis the 'conspiracy theorist' if they base their theories on fact.

Dont leave us hanging, what was your theory ablut the Kursk, and how was it confirmed by the Russian government?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

There's the problem, you see. Most CT'ers dont. The whole point of a conspiracy theory, is that its just that - theory. Otherwise it would be called conspiracy fact.

Nobody denies that there are conspiracies out there, some of which went off without a hitch (eg. Argo), some of which only got discovered by accident (Watergate), some of which were blown wide open (Guilford 4), and some which were openly admitted years later (MK Ultra).

They dont always have to involve a government, or "THE MAN", or aliens, and they dont always have a bad motive. Any planned event, which involves some element of secrecy, is a conspiracy. Even a surprise birthday party! But these people who jump all over all-and-every world event, claiming that it was orchestrated by "powerful forces", without a shred of effort beyond the usual internet links, or even a plausible reason, just come across as daft and paranoid. And the odd time they would be right, its all "See, I told ya!". The phrase "A broken clock is right twice per day" comes to mind.

Advertisement