Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IS SPINNING ANY GOOD

Options
  • 25-03-2015 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I AM JOINING SPINNING TONIGHT TO TRY AND GET FIT AND LOSE ABOUT A STONE IN WEIGHT WILL IT HELP,ANY COMMENTS WOULD BE GREAT
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

EAT LESS. WALK MORE. STOP SHOUTING.

YES

• Registered Users Posts: 31,019 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

endacl wrote: »
    EAT LESS. WALK MORE. STOP SHOUTING.
    SPINNING USUALLY INVOLVES BEING SHOUTED AT. THIS THREAD IS THEREFORE EXCELLENT PREPARATION.

NEEDS MORE CRAP DANCE MUSIC THOUGH.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,019 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

• Advertisement

OK. LEANING FORWARD. GOING HARD. IN 3... 2... 1...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

X-TRAINERS ARE MUCH BETTER AS THE MOVE MORE MUSCLE GROUPS, BUILD CORE STRENGTH AND CAUSE LESS STRAIN, WHAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Lumen wrote: »

All of a sudden I'm transported back to the Studio 8 disco in the Fairways. Can't wait for the DJ to do his rap over red red wine later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

My head is well and truly spinning from the volume in here. I may fall over soon as my buckling legs are unable to hold me up. I therefore conclude that spinning makes me gain weight, to such an extent that my legs are unable to support me any longer. Your mileage may vary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

I always wondered when, in the real world, I would need to do press ups on the handlebars of my bike while pedalling, or why I would use aero bars out of the saddle.

• Advertisement

colm_gti wrote: »
    I always wondered when, in the real world, I would need to do press ups on the handlebars of my bike while pedalling, or why I would use aero bars out of the saddle.

YOU WOULDNT ASK WHY, IF SOMEBODY WAS SHOUTING AT YOU!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Spinning is fabulous when you have a good instructor / DJ.

Then you have he ones who say stuff like "OK NOW WE'RE GOING TO SPRINT, FLAT OUT, FOR 3 MINUTES!!!!". Then you get 30 seconds rest before you're told to sprint again (flat out) for another 3 minutes...

Although it would be good craic in fairness to see Degenkolb and Cavendish etc taking up the sprint at the 3km to go mark

Op is gone. Must've got too shouty...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

NO!

Apparently...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

fat bloke wrote: »
    Spinning is fabulous when you have a good instructor / DJ.

Then you have he ones who say stuff like "OK NOW WE'RE GOING TO SPRINT, FLAT OUT, FOR 3 MINUTES!!!!". Then you get 30 seconds rest before you're told to sprint again (flat out) for another 3 minutes...

Although it would be good craic in fairness to see Degenkolb and Cavendish etc taking up the sprint at the 3km to go mark

ye that killed me, my first spinning class I was actually sprinting when they said it was time for sprint, I was done fairly quickly

Advertisement