Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 AF Forum mock draft

Options
  • 25-03-2015 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the 2015 AF forum mock draft

r_goodell_110428_wide.jpg

The draft order is:
    1. TaosHum – 1.Buccs 2.Titans
    2. Figsy32 – 1.Titans 2. Buccs
    3. frostie500 1.Jaguars 2.Raiders
    4. reclying bin 1.Raiders 2.Jaguars
    5. raze_them_all_1.Redskins 2. Jets
    6. Pyjamara 1.Jets 2.Redskins
    7. Empacher 1.Bears 2.Bears
    8. In Exile 1. Falcons 2. Giants
    9. JaMarcusHustle 1.Giants 2.Rams
    10. Glued 1.Rams 2.Falcons
    11. Mikemac1 1.Vikings 2.Browns
    12. SameOleJay 1.Browns 2.Saints
    13. Langdon Alger 1.Saints. 2.Vikings
    14. DDC1990 1.Dophins 2.49ers
    15. Phatkev 1.49ers 2.Dolphins
    16. Heffo001 1.Texans 2.Chargers
    17. Morisseeee 1.Chargers 2.Chiefs
    18. innish_Rebel 1.Chiefs 2. Bills
    19. Paully D 1.Browns 2.Texans
    20. nasty_crash 1.Eagles 2.Eagles
    21. kev_s88 1.Bengals 2.Bengals
    22. nollaig 1.Steelers 2.Lions
    23. franglan 1.Lions 2.Cardinals
    24. Jovetic 24.Cardinals 2.Steelers
    25. adrian522 1.Panthers 2.Panthers
    26. helimachoptor 1.Ravens 2.Ravens
    27. UnitedIrishman 1.Cowboys 2.Broncos
    28. Pudsy33 1.Broncos 2. Cowboys
    29. tripperman 1.Colts 2.Colts
    30. eagle eye 1.Packers 2.Packers
    31. HigginsJ 1.Saints 2.Seahawks
    32. Raf32 1.Patriots 2.Patriots

-Please try to include some reasoning for your choice & all discussion of picks will be kept to the original interest tread.

-Please PM the next person on the list once you have made your selection.

-If it's getting close to your selection & you think you won't be around you can PM me a short list of choices & I'll make the selection for you.

-If this is your first mock draft and you're not sure what to do there are examples of past years on the interest thread. Or just ask there :)

So with all that done we begin!

TaosHum and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are on the clock
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

With the first pick of the AF Forum Mock Draft 2015, the Tampa Bay Buccanneers select...

buccaneerslogo.jpg

Jameis Winston, Quarterback, Florida State University.

winston-football-640.jpg

The Bucc's have alot of needs going into the 2015 Draft, but none greater than at Quarterback. Having went with 35 year old perennial back up Josh McCown as starter last year over second year man Mike Glennon, Lovie Smith clearly does not see Glennon as the future of the Bucc's franchise and with McCown now in Cleveland, Smith will be looking to upgrade the most important position in football.

The first pick is really a matter of which QB you prefer, Jamies Winston or Marcus Mariota. I've gone with the former Heismann trophy winner as the number 1 pick because I think his ceiling is greater than Mariota's and I think he will become the better player in the NFL. Winston is a phenomenal athlete, with very good poise in the pocket and can make all the throws. Obviously, there is a risk with Winston due to his off the field problems, but the Bucc's seem comfortable to take the risk on him.

Figsy32 and the Titans are now on the clock

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

With the second pick of the AF Forum Mock Draft 2015, the Tennessee Titans select...

Leonard Williams, Defensive End, University of Southern California.

Two questions the Titans must answer. First, do they believe in Zach Mettenberger? If not, do they think Marcus Mariota is their potential franchise quarterback? I think Mettenberger's potential and the questions over Mariota lead them to stay away from Mariota.

In this scenario they take the full ten minutes to turn in their card in the hope another team gives up a ransom to trade up. With no trade partners, they go best player in the draft and pick Leonard Williams. He can play all over the line, is a perfect fit in the 3-4 zone blitz scheme and will create a fearsome interior front alongside Jurrell Casey, something that will be vital when facing Andrew Luck twice a year.

frostie500 and the Jaguars are now on the clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Apologies for the delay but with the third pick of the 2015 boards.ie mock NFL draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select....Brandon Scherff, Guard, Iowa

If the draft plays out with mariota still on the board the jags may have some trade offers to examine but as things stand I'll select for their greatest need, offensive line, and pick Brandon Scherff, offensive guard from Iowa. He's big and strong but not quite the finished article yet so there's some risk involved here but I didn't think that I could make a big reach for a corner when Scherff was on the board instead.

I'll update later with pics and a video

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Amari+Cooper+Alabama+v+LSU+cgB4z_5gDwgl.jpg

Okay, I'm new to this so bear with me: with the 4th pick in the Draft Oakland picks WR Amari Cooper of Alabama. It's no secret that the Raiders need Offensive weaponry to aid the development of Derek Carr and they need them to hit the ground running. GM Reggie McKenzie knows that he cant afford to miss with this pick, and whilst the temptation is there to trade down for more picks, Cooper fills one of the Raiders most glaring needs, the lack of a true deep threat wide receiver. Kevin White may potentially have more upside, but the Raiders need results over potential , and so is laid out the rationale for the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

redskins Draft I went with Donte Fowler Jr. Redskins need to get after the qb and Fowler gives them that, he is versitile as he has been played in different positions at different weights, He has long and strong, a great athlete with a great first step, I really believe when a pro team takes him and sets him into one position he will hit a probowl or two

On the down side he has been bounced around positions and weights so much he is still pretty raw in some aspects of the game, and pretty much if you beat him you beat him he probably isnt going to get back into it, but as I said that can be improved once he nails down a position

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

With the 6th pick of the 2015 NFL Draft the New York Jets select...

xJZFfLkP.png

Marcus Moriata, QB of the Oregon Ducks.

MarcusMariota.jpg

At 6ft 4 220lbs, there's no doubting the physical ability of the leader of the high scoring Ducks offense. Considered a project by many Mariota will have to develop his ability to play under center but the upside is just too big here. Geno Smith has shown nothing in his career so far to suggest he's the answer and a new regime in New York will be looking to get a QB that they can really build a team around. Mariota can sit behind Ryan Fitzpatrick for a year to develop which will only be of help for him.

Todd Bowles might personally prefer Vic Beasley or Shane Ray but you just can't turn down potential franchise Qbs.

I think there is a chance that the Jets would entertain trade offers for this pick if the draft were to fall this way, with the Browns, Chargers and Eagles the most likely suitors.

Next on the clock is the Chicago Bears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

With the 7th overall pick in the 2015 draft.

The chicago bears select randy gregorey olb.

didnt think gregorey would fall out of the top 5.

Will do a full write up in a bit.

Onto the new york giants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

With the 8th pick of the 2015 NFL Draft the Atlanta Falcons select...

atlanta-falcons-logo.jpg?w=420

Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson University

7725180.jpg

Atlanta ranked 22nd in sacks in 2014, 2nd fewest in league.

Beasly ran a 4.53sec 40, vertical of 41’, and weighs in at 246pounds. Having 44.5 tackles for loss over 2 seasons and 33 sacks over 3 seasons is exactly what Atlanta need.

The New York Giants are on the clock...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

With the 9th pick of the 2015 AF Boards Mock Draft, the New York Giants select

giants-helmet.png

Danny Shelton - Defensive Tackle - Washington

Danny-Shelton-vs-EWU.jpg

For the first time since 2004 the New York Giants find themselves with a top 10 pick in the NFL Draft but with the way the board is this was actually quite a tricky selection. Ideally I would have selected Brandon Scherff to fill the gaping hole at OT but surprisingly he was taken 3rd and I don't consider any other tackle worthy of such a high pick. Landon Collins is the premiere safety in the draft and could replace Rolle but taking safeties this high usually isn't recommended. So onto my pick....

Danny Shelton is an absolute behemoth of a man and an athletic freak! He had an absolutely stellar Senior season that saw him account for 92 tackles (54 solo), 16.5 tackles for a loss, 9.5 sacks, oh and 3 blocked field goals for good measure. At 6-foot-2 and 339-pounds, Shelton can destroy pockets and be a formidable run stuffer in the NFL but he also has deceptively quick feet.

The Giants were poor against the run last year ranking 30th in the league giving up 135.1 yards a game. Teaming up Shelton with Johnathan Hankins inside would go a long way towards addressing this which is crucial for the Giants in the run heavy NFC East. What I find particularly impressive about Shelton is his outstanding motor for such a big guy and his presence on the defensive line would make life a lot easier for the Giants much maligned linebackers. He has been favourably compared to Vince Wilfork and Haloti Ngata and I think he'd be an excellent pick for the Giants at 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Rams - La'el Collins, OT, LSU.

On the way into work now so will do a write up later.

Will Pm next GM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

With the 11th pick of the 2015 AF Boards Mock Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select...
    vikings.jpg

Kevin White, Wide Receiver, West Virginia University
    343512.jpg

I assumed White would be gone at this stage and I was going to go cornerback. Another need was left guard but that'll have to dealt with in later rounds.

Greg Jennings was released in the off season and White will step in and hopefully be the number 1 receiver.

6' 3 210lbs he's been compared by many to Julio Jones and I'm hoping for similar production. 109 catches, 1,447 yards, 10 touchdown were his stats in 2014 and he emerged as one of the best receivers in the nation.

The Vikings has a young QB and hopefully Bridgewater and White will form an awesome partnership. White won't have to do it on his own as the recieving corps also includes a speedster in Mike Wallace, Patterson for the slot and Wright and Johnson for depth too. It's pretty strong and it'll have to be for the NFC North.

The Cleveland Browns are on the clock.....

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

With the 12th pick of the AF Forum 2015 Mock Draft The Cleveland Browns select:

47aa61da5eacb72a435e5c065d5bedad.jpg

Shane Ray OLB/DE Missouri

sRWH-wyj_400x400.jpeg

The choice was pass catcher versus pass rusher.... the choice was Devante Parker or the SEC defensive player of the year. GM Farmer has gone for the latter and trusted the depth of the receiving class for later rounds.

Explosive in every sense of the word Ray is coming off a monstrous year totalling 14.5 sacks and 22.5 tackles for loss. Boasting huge power Ray wound up a consensus All-American. Concerns are his length and, importantly, his transition to the 3-4. Can't resist him at 12 though.

PRO DAY RESULTS
    40-yard dash: 4.64 and 4.65 seconds
    Vertical jump: 33 1/2 inches
    Broad jump: 10 feet
    20-yard short shuttle: 4.53 seconds
    Three-cone drill: 7.71 seconds

On the clock are The New Orleans Saints and GM Langdon Alger.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Langdon Alger

With the 13th pick of the 2014 AF mock draft the New Orleans Saints Select

new-orleans-saints-logo.jpg

Bud-Dupree-594x356.jpg

Bud Dupree OLB Kentucky

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

With the 14th pick of the 2015 American Football Forum Draft (Sponsored by boards.ie - Now Ye're Talkin')
    The Miami Dolphins select:

photo.jpg

68662_jmt_fbc_michigan_10251408f.jpg

Trae Waynes, CB out of Michigan State

Waynes seriously improved his draft stock with a blazing 4.31 in the combine, and cemented his spot as the Number 1 CB to come out of the draft. At 6ft and 186 pounds he's not the tallest or heaviest CB but his athleticism and production is what gets him into the first round here. He competes hard and loves going man-to-man, giving up only 2 touchdowns in 2 seasons. He's strong and not afraid to get physical, and has the blistering speed to stay with recievers all the way through routes. Has 6 Interceptions over two years, showing that when the ball is thrown at him, he can go uo and get it. Needs to work on his use of hands especially in today's NFL where DPI's have skyrocketed, and the penalty is much more severe then in College.

The Waynes pick makes sense in many ways for the Dolphins. Though their main need is at WR I see such depth at that position this year (like last year) that they have the luxury of going with a top player on defence, and picking up a great WR in the second round, or trading up to pick up Cooper or White, who stand out for me as Number 1 and 2. I strongly considered DaVonte Parker and Perriman and DBG, but I feel like they would be a reach at 14. They need a CB. They have lost Cortland Finnigan and Brent Grimes is 31 (though not quite past it yet if that catch last year is anything to go by). They need a guy who can go one to one and stop touchdowns, especially in the red zone where the smaller Grimes can be got at. They picked up Brice McCain from the Steelers, who is also tiny at 5'9, and just off his only semi-productive year in the league with 3 INT's. While that Secondary might suffice against Geno Smith, Tom Brady would be more than happy to pick it apart. Not saying that Waynes changes that entirely, but he makes them a much better unit IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

With the 15th overall pick in the AF Boards Mock Draft the San Francisco 49ers select

DT-Malcom Brown-University of Texas

the 49ers have had a pretty disastrous start to the off season, the team lost both starting cornerbacks(Trae Waynes would have been the pick here had the Dolphins not selected him), saw inside linebackers Patrick Willis and Chris Borland both retire, and is swapping in Torrey Smith for Michael Crabtree at wide receiver(Devante Parker and DGB were serious considerations here too). But with the lose of Ray MacDonald and potential lose of Justin Smith, I think Tomsula and Baalke go defensive line.
    Brown is a guy who could either move into the starting lineup as a rookie, or if Smith returns, rotate along the line before moving into the starting lineup in year two. Browns Versatility is a massive plus here having played in 3-4 and 4-3 defenses so he could fit in at DT or DE in the 49ers 3-4 defense.
    In 2013 Brown clocked up 58 tackles with nine tackles for a loss, one sack and five passes batted, he continued this form in 2014 with 6.5 sacks, 71 tackles, 13 for a loss, one pass batted and two forced fumbles.
    Browns strengths include his frame 6'2 and 320 pounds and even at this size he show excellent athletic movements. He is also very quick off the snap which allows him to cause havoc behind the line os scrimmage.
    Weakness include, he relies on his agility to slip by blockers as apposed to using technique, when he cant get by on agility alone he tends to give up on plays. He could also do with being a but more consistent than he was in college.
    If he can be consistently physical at the point of attack, then he could prove to be a steal in the middle of the first round.

Next up is Heffo001 with the Texans pick

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Heffo001

With the 16th overall pick in the AF Boards Mock Draft the Houston Texans select

81kZXE

CB-Marcus Peters-University of Washington

G5B0H8

For this pick I was mainly considering CB, WR and RB. Due to the depth at RB and WR in this years draft I decided to go CB with the Texans first round pick. I narrowed the choice down to Marcus Peters, Kevin Johnson and Jalen Collins and in the end I decided to go with Peters because in my opinion he's the most talented corner in this draft. If he can get past the character issues that caused him to be kicked off the football team at UW, then the Texans are getting their hands on a great young corner who can give their scary Defensive Line even more time to get into the opposing backfield.

The San Diego Chargers Diego Chargers are on the clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Guffy

With the 17th overall pick in the AF Boards Mock Draft the San Diego Chargers select

chargers.png

RB Melvin Gordan Wisconson

fbc14-wisconsin-art-gj1ts162-1wisconsin-rb-melvin-gordon.jpg

I don't think the Chargers give the house to Trade up for Mariota and with the best of the DT's off the board the Chargers draft a RB here to balance out their offense. They didn't trust Matthews last year and Rivers had to throw a bit more than they would have liked so having let Matthews go they fix that here. Yes its against the run of recent drafts and this is pretty deep RB class, however, they want to fix their RB problems here.

Why not Gurley? He's currently out with an ACL. The chargers have already had an injury prone RB, they don't want to risk it again. They will go for Gordon here, Melvin Gordon is the best running back in the 2015 NFL Draft. Probably one of the better RB talents to enter the draft in a few years. Gordon has been compared to Jamal Charles for his game breaking ability and will be expected to make an instant impact in his rookie season.

Having held the most yards in a game by a RB, currently the players to reach 2,00 yards in a season the fastest and holds the NFL combine record for the 60 yard shuffle at 11 secs. The king of run, is as safe a bet as there is at RB

Tbh given the depth at RB, I see the chargers trading out here if the situation arises. They will prob look to drop down and pick up a NT but there ya go. At #17 Gordon is their man.

The Kansas City Chiefs are on the clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

With the 18th pick in the 2015 boards.ie sponsored draft the Kansas City Chiefs
    kansas-city-chiefs_f.png
    Pick

Andrus Peat

usa-today-8243780.0.jpg

OT

Stanford

Analysis:

Still need a WR despite the free agency acquisition of Jeremy Maclin but there is real strength in the depth in this draft so can wait until 2nd or 3rd pick. Andy Reid likes his DL & OL draft picks and I see the same happening here especially as over the last while a few OL free agents have left. With L’ael Collins and Scherff gone I felt it was a choice between Peat, TJ Clemmings & Ereck Flowers. All three are strong candidates.

Strengths:

Tall with a thick lower body and well-proportioned frame. Hand placement generally good in run and pass. Plays with a strong, wide base. Instinctive against twists and reacts quickly to them. Patient – waits for defender to come to him and reacts accordingly.

Weaknesses:

Lack of nastiness (this did worry me for O-Line). Needs to be more aggressive. Needs to be a bit more dominating for his size.

Way more up-side than down, I see a potential D'Brickashaw Ferguson style player.

Paully D and the Browns are on the clock - PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

With the 19th pick in the 2015 Boards Mock Draft, the Cleveland Browns select:

DeVante Parker - WR - Louisville

devante-parker.jpg

Before researching the Browns pick, I thought they had 3 major needs ahead of the draft - QB, WR and NT - and 2 positions they could certainly do with getting better at through the draft - OT and rusher. The two consensus top QB's are off the board with none of the others worthy of a first round grade let alone a pick at #19 and Jay grabbed a rusher at #12, so that left WR, NT and OT. I read an interesting article from Andrea Hangst who outlined that NT may not be the need it seems for the Browns any more as they are kicking Phil Davis back in to that spot who graded in the top third for that position the last time he played there in the 2013 season. That was music to my ears looking at my board as it gives me the opportunity to hand in my card and select DeVante Parker out of Louisville.

The Browns have added Hartline and Bowe in free agency, but they certainly still need firepower at the position given that neither look like long term solutions. I feel Parker may be the perfect WR for the Browns. Given their poor situation at QB, they need someone with solid hands at the position and Parker certainly fits that bill with a reported 3 drops (yes, only 3!) since 2012. He has a huge wingspan and large catch window, so there's no need for the ball to be put on a dime in order for him to grab it which lets face it isn't going to happen in Cleveland with their QB options. He makes explosive plays without looking exceptionally quick and gets up and grabs the ball very well. He could certainly do with adding a bit of strength and it is unknown if the injuries he has had will catch up on him in terms of speed, but the overall positives far outweigh the negatives IMO.

For an NFL comparison, Dane Brugler of CBS compares him as a "notch below AJ Green with a similar athletic skill-set with the height and length to tower over defenders".

The Philadelphia Eagles are on the clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

With the 20th pick in the 2015 Boards Mock Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select:
    Philadelphia-Eagles-Logo.gif

Landon Collins - SS - Alabama

2963749.jpg

Ok so looking at this pick - it could be redundant! At this stage Chip could have traded bradford and 1st round pick this year and next year to get his boy Mariota - Im not sure if I could do it - Im not sure if he will do it! I do think its going to add to the excitement of the Draft at the thoughts of him trying to get up the draft - and the longer Mariota is on the board the more likely he will move up!

Ok so taking that Chip really has faith in bradford - he has signed some offensive players on free agency - I would have looked at some early wr's until they signed Miles Austin yesterday - i think this draft is gonna be defense based for them - gaping holes in cb, s, and need some pass rushers - as all of the top level pass rushers are gone its a toss up between a 3/4 ranked Corner or the stand out safety in the 2015 class - and I have to take the best player with this pick - Landon Collins

Is is a more attacking safety and in order to become an elite Safety he needs to improve on his coverage. He needs to watch the play more - he sometimes gets lulled into the backfield and in the NFL he will get killed for it! That being sad he is a very aggresive player and miles ahead of any other safety in the draft, his tackling and speed will really help the eagles against the run this year. I picture him to have the same traits as Ha Ha Clinton Dix - and if he can improve as Ha Ha did over the 16 games he will be a top safety for years to come for the Eagles

The Cincinnati Bengals are on the clock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

cincinnati-bengals-logo-wallpaper
    With the 21st pick of the 2015 Boards Mock Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select.....
    Jordan Phillips, NT, Oklahoma
    usa-today-8288697.0.jpg

Ok, so to start I think the Bengals biggest needs in the draft are at offensive tackle and defensive tackle. To a lesser extent I'd imagine WR, TE, ILB, OLB and S are other positions that they will look to address during the draft.
    Saying that if a player like Landon Collins was to fall to 21 they wouldn't hesitate to hand in the card.

OT: As of now the Bengals look to be returning the same starting line as last year. Eric Winston is there providing depth at tackle as well. However, Andrew Whitworh is 34 and out of contract at seasons end. I feel this is an area the Bengals will definitely look to in round 1. Looking at this draft, just didn't feel the value was there when compared to value available at other positions of need. Someone like TJ Clemmings was a possibility. If Andrus Peat was available he probably would have been the pick.

DT: With Michael Johnson returning the Bengals look to be set at end. However I see DT as a big need due to age/injury history of the current DT's on roster. A big body would not only help stop the run, which is vital in this division, but also open rushing lanes for Geno. Looking at the board it came down to Eddie Goldman, Arik Armstead and Phillips. Armstead seems to be v similiar to Margus Hunt, who the jury is still out on so it was a close one between Goldman and Phillips but I just feel Phillips offers a bit more upside. He was hampered by a back injury last season but with Domata Peko still on the roster he doesn't need to be rushed into the lineup.

Nollaig and the Steelers on the clock

• Registered Users Posts: 21 nolllaig

With the 22nd pick The Steelers choose CB Kevin Johnson Wake Forest
    The Steelers haven't chosen a CB in the first round since 1997 although the rumour is they were pipped to Kyle Fuller by the Bears who were 1 pick ahead of them in last years draft.
    The Steelers mains needs are CB and OLB but signing James Harrison to another year might push OLB to second for needs.
    The Steelers this season will have a new DC for the first time since 2004 with Dick LeBeau's departure and it will interesting if this has any impact on their draft.
    The Steelers are in a messy PR battle with Troy Polamalu over his contract and id have chosen Landon Collins if he had been still on the board which would work with Troys supposed mentor role being touted as the solution to the impasse.Tomlin has had dinner with Collins and there was talk he might be able to play OLB as well as SS for Pittsburgh.
    Johnson had a strong combine that helped to highlight his athleticism including a 41.5 reach which is will come in handy against jump balls.His ability to change direction helped him top 2 drill categories in the combine.He entered the combine 15 pounds heavier, his Mother is a Harvard educated nutritionist which helps explain how that happened.
    Johnson doesn't appear to have any character issues and all scout reports praise his coverage skills.
    The one game I seen him play live was versus FSU and on that day he lived up to the hype. Hes been described as versatile and someone who can play man or zone.
    His main weakness is against the run hopefully his extra weight will begin to negate this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭franglan

With the 23rd pick in the 2015 Boards Mock Draft, the Detroit Lions select:

Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami

usa-today-7482281.0.jpg

For me the decision was which line needed addressing more at 23 with the lions. The loss of Fairley and Suh is massive but the Lions have brought in Tyrunn Walker and Haloti Ngata who collectively should be serviceable for the Lions. I have decided to draft O-line as Stafford needs protection which was lacking at times in 2014. Ereck Flowers comes in at 6'6 and possesses long arms that should assist him down the road in the NFL. He displays excellent power while run blocking. Flowers flashes a nasty streak, something that everyone loves to see in their offensive lineman. He is a project in the pass protection game, but he shows off good anchoring ability and a decent kickslide. He can cover ground quickly out of his stance with long steps. He'll have to get better off of the snap, but he at least has some tools to work with in pass protection. His length will pay dividends down the road as the kid is massive at 6’6. The only real concern about Flowers is the possibility of any lingering effects from a knee injury last season, although he showed his already well-known toughness and dedication by missing only one game following a so-called minor surgical procedure. Otherwise, he knows how to use his humongous frame to block for both the pass and the run.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

With the 24th pick of the 2015 Boards.ie mock draft, the Arizona Cardinals select:

arizona%20cardinals.jpg

Todd Gurley - Running Back - Georgia

Todd_Gurley.jpg

With high risk, there comes high reward. That is the belief system followed by the Cardinals front office when they approach Todd Gurley, knowing they potentially have a real gem in their hands here. With all the top OLBs taken off the boards - another pressing need for the Cards - addressing their next major concern makes sense.

Granted, the Cardinals already have a fairly decent running back in Andre Ellington. But his overuse this past season led to his season-ending hip injury, and coupled with his lack of size, the Cardinals were in the market for a power running back - evidenced by the rumours of them acquiring Adrian Peterson from the Vikings.

Gurley, the 6'1'' 222lb Baltimore native, offers a rare blend of quickness and strength that is only seen in great running backs such as Marshawn Lynch of the Cardinals' division rival. He absolutely tears through arm tackles, and always looks to squeeze in those extra few yards.

His brute force and speed utilised in tandem with Ellington's elusiveness and agility means that the Cards will have a potent, and more importantly, a durable rushing attack in 2015 setting them up for a long a run in the playoffs.

Aside: I'm filling in for Jovetic here, as requested by the OP mikemac1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Carolina_Panthers.jpg

With the 25th Pick of the NFL Draft the Carolina Panthers Select

usa-today-8221647.0.jpg

TJ Clemmings

Pittsburgh OT

Reasoning

The Panthers need to protect Cam Newton. While they have other needs, their defense is solid if unspectacular, their running backs are not exactly world beaters but are serviceable and their are needs at receiver, but they struck gold with Kelvin Benjamin in 2014 and can supplement this through the middle rounds and in Free Agency. The real area of need is on the offensive line and no where is more important than at LT.

Clemmings played RT at college, he has also played defensive end but it is at OT that he will do his work at the next level.

He has all the tools required and the only reason he is not going higher is his relative inexperience at the position, he will need good coaching but with luck this will be a good pick and he can anchor the line for many years to come.

On the clock is Heli and the Baltimore Ravens.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

With the 26th pick of the 2015 Draft the Baltimore Ravens Select

baltimore-ravens-wallpaper__400x250.jpg

Devin Smith WR from THE Ohio State University.

ODB JR eat your heart out

acrobatic-devin-smith.jpg.pagespeed.ce_.jA5Ywq25nS.jpg

How can the Ravens not pick another WR with the surname Smith..

Ravens need help here, but needs to be good help.

As a true freshman, Smith caught 4 TDs and got nearly 400 yards. However he then excelled for 2 years knocking up 6 TDs & 618 yards, 8 TDs & 660 yards. In his senior year he had 12 TDs and just under 1,000 yards. He has shown progression and I fully expect that to continue into the pro's.

Smith also played track & Field and his 40 time of 4.45 is good.
    Coming in at 6.0 and just shy of 200 pounds, he'll beat DBs but he also has the power to fight for YAC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

With the 27th pick of the 2015 Draft the Dallas Cowboys Select

Dallas-Cowboys---logo---3D-1.png

Jalen Collins CB, LSU

The Cowboys are in dire need at corner. I was hoping Peters might be here but he's gone. Jerry would love to see Gurley fall to #27 too but I fear that like our mock he will be gone too. So corner it is and it came down to Collins v the 2 Florida State guys. Collins for me is the type of impressive, tall athlete the Cowboys fans will love.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqEK5-CSpzlODeez6-dN2FfvHkWp0kmMg64C2R1rFL0zp1gGXdRg

Collins had a solid performance at the Combine, but he wasn't as great as Trae Waynes (no shock there). Collins recorded 38 tackles, nine passes broken up and an interception in 2014. The junior did well in his plays against Auburn wide receiver Sammie Coates. Collins also played well versus Ole Miss with three passes broken up and had an interception against Texas A&M.

Collins has good size and is a physical defender. His ability to play off-man coverage and flip his hips is questioned by some NFL teams. With his size, length and speed, Collins looks likely to be a first-round pick.

Collins is said to have great speed, but hasn't always played up to it. His speed flashed at times like when he tracked down Melvin Gordon from behind on a long run in the 2014 season opener. Collins is good at running with receivers, but he needs to improve his ability to play the ball. Having said that I think Collins can be a v good safety if he does not make it per se at corner.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-pro-comparison/0ap3000000475816/Pro-Comparison-Jalen-Collins

• Registered Users Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

With the 28th pick of the 2015 NFL the Denver Bronco's select

Denver-Broncos-Logo.jpg

Owamagbe Odighizuwa, DE/OLB out of UCLA

owamagbe_odighizuwa_151617560.jpg

This versatile defender can play 4-3 defensive end or 3-4 outside linebacker. With Demarcus Ware's advancing years, the Broncos will be looking to add depth in this position. Odighizuwa has strong busy hands, good strength, and a long frame. He is a very good run stopper with the ability to seal the edge by himself. His pass rush needs work, but he has all the physical tools to be a solid NFL starter. He has a history with injury, having two hip surgeries in 2013, but he is well worth the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭tripperman

with the 29th pick of the boards 2015 mock draft Indianapolis colts select dt eddie goldman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5tDk8TY7Ps

eddie goldman would add speed and size to help dline stop the run and help rush the qb, he has his downsides also of going into tackles high and square on, a little work with colts dline coaches and he could become a pro bowl player in no time, in college ball he had 23 tackles for loss and 15 sacks in two seasons

Tripper, I've edited your post as the link was a million characters long :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

With the 30th pick in the 2015 NFL draft the Green Bay Packers select,
    Maxx Williams TE Minnesota
    1618553.jpg
    The Packers need to improve in a lot of positions on defense but this guy is just too good to leave on the board at 30. An excellent freshman season was followed up by an even better sophomore and Williams decided to maxx his value and declare for the draft this year. An excellent combine and pro day and an interview with the Packers make this man a really juicy choice for the Packers who do need to improve at tight end.
    The New Orleans Saints(HigginsJ) is on the clock.....

Advertisement