Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ticket in NORTHERN Ireland. from the south

Options
  • 24-03-2015 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I need help someone. I got a ticket for having no ticket on my car for parking in northern Ireland. I went for the day. I live in cork in the republic. I got a letter today saying they were going ro come and clamp or even tow my car from my house here. I am not paying the dam ticket. Question i want to know is can they come down from the north to the south to tow my car? Or what can exactly they do since it is two different countries. Please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

jlynch610 wrote: »
    I need help someone. I got a ticket for having no ticket on my car for parking in northern Ireland. I went for the day. I live in cork in the republic. I got a letter today saying they were going ro come and clamp or even tow my car from my house here. I am not paying the dam ticket. Question i want to know is can they come down from the north to the south to tow my car? Or what can exactly they do since it is two different countries. Please help.

The NI authorities cannot touch you in the republic so don't fret about that, your car will not be clamped or towed from here.

That BBC article says the NI authorities may clamp you should you drive back to NI but only if you've accumulated at least 3 unpaid fines.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Hi Jlyninch610,

I'm afraid this is not really a political issue.

You can however post your query either in the North Region forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=184

Or in the specific county in which it took place. That is where you are most likely to get local knowledge from local people.

I can transfer this thread over, but I would need to get permission from the Mods there which could lead to delays, so I'm closing the thread for the moment and it would be quicker for you to post your query there instead.

Best of luck,
    js

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement