Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 or Hardline

Options
  • 24-03-2015 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

First time BF player on Ps4... dont know which one to get please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

rvpalldway wrote: »
    First time BF player on Ps4... dont know which one to get please help

Completely depends what you're looking for outta the game. Check game footage on YouTube etc, ignore mainstream reviews for the most part. See what appeals to you foremost.

Hardline is much quicker paced, smaller, more infantry focused game with few weapons to pick from.
    BF4 is large scale, slightly slower, vehicle heavy with over 100 weapons to pick from.
    Hardline is currently anywhere up to €60 for just the basic game, while you can pick up BF4 Premium edition including all 5 dlc for €69 on PSN.

In terms of value for money, gameplay variety, sheer volume of content with more coming, over a year of patches and tweaks and a fairly active PS4 boards clan, BF4 gets my vote all day........I'm very biased though:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If you've never played either, Battlefield 4 is a better game.

If you want to play a game that's a real 'battlefield' - large maps full of tanks, planes, helicopters, armored fighting vehicles, all around complete mayhem - BF4.

If you want a more tight knit shooter with more emphasis on gun play, Hardline.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Are you going from a different shooter to BF? If moving from the likes of cod then hard line would be more appealing to you. But for the real battlefield experience, BF4 100% gets the vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

No question. If you want to experience Battlefield... BF4.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,075 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

For a proper BF, then it's BF4.

It has a large variety of content, and an active player base.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I like Hardline but easiest decision ever, BF4 all day long.

Variety, variety, variety...large maps, small maps, medium maps, vehicle based, naval, air...you have it.

Hardline is infantry only really so has limited longevity

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

pretty much the same game, Bf4 is more tactical Hardline rewards you for trying to complete stuff.

Basically the same game with different skins/modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

pretty much the same game, Bf4 is more tactical Hardline rewards you for trying to complete stuff.

Basically the same game with different skins/modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

If you want to line a tree with mines, then use C4 to shoot that tree towards a tank so that the mines blow up the tank...... then BF4!!

That is all!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lahcen86

I was looking forward to this title....but its just not gonna me added to my collection. BF4 All day every day.

If u want a good honest review of hardline...look no further:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztZDVr3mZzg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

lahcen86 wrote: »
    I was looking forward to this title....but its just not gonna me added to my collection. BF4 All day every day.

If u want a good honest review of hardline...look no further:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztZDVr3mZzg

You haven't played it so how can you fairly compare the 2?

By the way that's not an honest review of hardline, it's just some loud annoying **** picking a couple of flaws out of it and ranting about them.

Hardline is excellent, BF 4 is excellent and both in their own ways. Do your research and pick the one you like the sound of, simple as. But don't **** on Hardline when you haven't even played it and all you are going on is the opinion of that greasy twat in the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lahcen86

DarkJager wrote: »
    You haven't played it so how can you fairly compare the 2?

By the way that's not an honest review of hardline, it's just some loud annoying **** picking a couple of flaws out of it and ranting about them.

Hardline is excellent, BF 4 is excellent and both in their own ways. Do your research and pick the one you like the sound of, simple as. But don't **** on Hardline when you haven't even played it and all you are going on is the opinion of that greasy twat in the video.

I have played it, in the beta and on the Xbone. Its not a bad game. Clearly this means a lot to you, don't take it so personal. I've been playing BF since BF2 and imho this game is not worth the money its asking for. I don't want to spend upwards of 60quid to play a game that has little content, and as far as I can tell a lame ass single player. The only reason Id buy it is to play some of the multiplayer modes like hotwire and bloodmoney, but even then im not convinced Id be satisfied with buying this game. I'll stick with BF4 (and all its DLC) instead of shelling out for a watered down version.

With that being said, Angry joe is a persona, they guy makes some good points in his reviews and he clearly plays the games a lot.

P.S Don't get so ****ing pissed off at a persons opinion, its mine you don't have to support me in it.... end of. Chill out

Advertisement