Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security IP camera's advice please

Options
  • 24-03-2015 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I am considering getting a wireless IP camera (or 2) and a NVR box to record of the cameras and use it with a tp-link router, Does anybody here use this sort of system security wise in there house, Ill be using it for the back of the house and it would be in reaching distance of the house wi-fi.

Im looking for wireless camera's, and sends back the live images to the router,As the shed is not directly wired to the house.

Looking for relatively cheap equipment, All your helpful advice and links are welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Czhornet

Aldi did a wireless camera there a week or two ago. I got one and it works the finest, but all i have done is connect it wirelessly in the same room as the router. I haven't put up the camera on the house yet so I dont know how distance/interference will work, but hopefully it will work without getting a booster for the signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Hi,

I have used Hikvision cameras and find the quality really food for the money. I would go wired and use a POE switch to power and network the cameras on one cable. You can pick up a POE switch for 40 euro. This is the cameras I used hikvision DS-2CD2032-I

I find the wireless cameras that pick up the wireless network do loose connection and will not reconnect until you reboot the cameras (a complete balls imo)

Advertisement