Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour's water pump

Options
  • 24-03-2015 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭

Sorry, this is slightly off thread, but it got me thinking about personal safety. Perhaps some poster with a bit of EE might be able to help? I moved into an apartment recently and my neighbour has some kind of a pump that goes on for about 6 or 7 seconds. every 5 minutes or so. It's not a problem during the day but it wakes me up in the middle of the night. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? I'm just worried that it could be some kind of fire hazard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭ratracer

Sorry, this is slightly off thread, but it got me thinking about personal safety. Perhaps some poster with a bit of EE might be able to help? I moved into an apartment recently and my neighbour has some kind of a pump that goes on for about 6 or 7 seconds. every 5 minutes or so. It's not a problem during the day but it wakes me up in the middle of the night. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? I'm just worried that it could be some kind of fire hazard.

It's possible your neighbour has a leaky tap/toilet and the noise is his water pump bringing up the water pressure to it's set limit. Not really a problem for you apart from the annoyance of the noise, but they could be looking at a worn out pump sooner rather than later. This is just my opinion, and one of an endless possible problems, but is the most logical one to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Thanks ratracer. That's a relief. I hope they get it fixed soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,309 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Thread split and moved to Accommodation & Property.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Highly likely his cistern or tap is leaking causing the pump to kick in every few minutes to bring the system back up to pressure. He might also not know thats why its kicking in though so maybe mention it to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Thanks to you both ratracer and runawaybishop. Case solved - plumber came by and found a very tiny leak in my cistern. It was not my poor, maligned neighbour's at all. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Alls well that ends well.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement