Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkside 3 Year Guarantee - anyone made use of it?

Options
  • 24-03-2015 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭

I have a Parkside Mitre Saw PKS 1500 A1 thats under a year old and has just stopped working. I haven't checked yet but I should have ther reciept in my file box.

The Guarantee states (copied from the online Manual)
    • In order to assert your guarantee claim, please send your defective device postage-free to the address shown below.

Service-Address:
    GreatStar Europe
    Unit 55 Romsey Industrial Estate
    GB - Hampshire SO51 0HR

Service-Email (IE): lidl.service.IE@scheppach.com

I'm waiting to hear back after emailing Lidl's customer service and the scheppach address but my question is how do I send something postage-free to the UK?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I'll follow up for anyone else with the same issue.

I got an email back from Lidl (contacted them using the form on their website) saying "Please call our hotline on 1800347447..."

Called the number and for the product IAN 93463 (MITRE SAW PKS 1500 A1) there is no longer a service agent so they are issuing refunds rather than doing repairs. While on the call I found my receipt and they are sending me out a letter which I'm to take into the store with my receipt and the item for a full refund.

Can't say fairer than that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Yes, and had exactly the same result as you.

Lidl and Aldi's service for older, in-warranty items is nearly always to just refund, but rapidly and hassle-free. Absolutely required to keep receipts for proof of dates though.

Advertisement