Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How high is your soundbar?

Options
  • 24-03-2015 1:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭

Mine is at 50, yeah 50, blaring out Lynyrd Skynrd like there's no tomorrow, hard to beat having no neighbours.

How high can you turn up your speakers before the neighbours get annoyed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Noise really irritates me. I rarely listen to music, keep laptop/phone muted unless absolutely necessary, watch tv with subtitles.

Neighbours are pretty quiet thankfully - never hear tv or radio. Housemates seem to be deaf unfortunately judging by the volume the telly is usually at. I actually don't mind music turned up so much - but loud tv is painful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Depends on how much I drink and what game I am playing with Tunes on, If it's PVP then it's pretty high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

One more, ain't it?:pac:

It's like the Norwegians and clothes, there's no such thing as too loud, just bad speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

It's like the Norwegians and clothes, there's no such thing as too loud, just bad speakers.
    Or bad bitrate. Funk everyone who plays low bitrate music on their sh|tty phones!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

meh soundbars.

Best bet is a dedicated 35-40 hz range ported sub with decent set of mid-high quadraphonic separates.
    Most of these soundbars yokes are classed as 'full range' or just have very small subs built in, which means typically a range of only 70-20k.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Speaking of which, Spinal Tap is on ITV4 tonight at 1.35 am. :D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

How High is a Chinaman. . . :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Speaking of which, Spinal Tap is on ITV4 tonight at 1.35 am. :D
    ITV4 I think?

Blasting out Kim Carnes here, of Bette Davis fame, any of you know this is her on the soundtrack of the greatest movie ever, 44 years old now!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

what ****in difference, theres no justice in this country, no fate but what you make

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Mine are off the scale, they have a raging hard on altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Joe Doe wrote: »
    Most of these soundbars yokes are classed as 'full range' or just have very small subs built in, which means typically a range of only 70-20k.

Yeah, fair enough but Jimminy's go to 11.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Noise really irritates me. I rarely listen to music, keep laptop/phone muted unless absolutely necessary, watch tv with subtitles.

Neighbours are pretty quiet thankfully - never hear tv or radio. Housemates seem to be deaf unfortunately judging by the volume the telly is usually at. I actually don't mind music turned up so much - but loud tv is painful.

I'm the same - well, except for watching telly with subtitles. I do have the sound on, but at lower volume than a normal conversation would be at.

I do listen to music at work, usually when I find I have to concentrate on the task and there's loads of people around me talking. I'd tune into BBC Radio 3, have one side of my headphones in and switch occasionally when it gets too much for that side.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I find since hooking up my tv to the blu ray player through the optical cable I haven't used the speakers on the tv since. Also fairly shortly afterwards the neighbours put their house up for sale. Doesn't seem to have been much interest in people buying either.

But sure the kid loves hearing Thomas the Tank Engine as if he was on the trains himself.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Why not wear headphones? You can blow your bollocks off and not annoy anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Uncle Ruckus

This a thousand times over.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

You know that whooooshing sound you hear when you take'em off? That's not a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

You know that whooooshing sound you hear when you take'em off? That's not a good thing.

It's better than having your neighbours on your tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Advertisement