Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Family Guy moving to ITV2

• 24-03-2015 12:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭

I'm worried ITV2 will heavily edit it and show 10 minutes of adverts in between.

I noticed lately we go on a lot about the PC brigade in AH so here's one for you. Was it feminist extremists/PC brigade behind BBC's decision not to pay more for it even though it was the highest rated show on BBC Three (which is set to go online only next year) ?

Poll for Family Guy fans only (and yes the show has gone downhill like The Simpsons has though beats The Simpsons in ratings)

NO BOB'S BURGERS FANS.

Will you watch Family Guy on ITV2?

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/23/family-guy-leaves-bbc3-for-itv

Will you watch Family Guy on ITV2 9 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    NO F-ING WAY
    100% 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Chris___ wrote: »

Nope, I'll watch it on FX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Who gives a sh*t. Family guy stopped being funny years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

Maybe the BBC got fed up of Family Guy's constant flashback scenes in an attempt to try and be funny.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

To be honest I highly doubt that FOX would allow allow them to edit it.

And anyway if they did, no one would watch - people don't watch family guy for the gripping story lines, they watch it for the crass humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

This reminds of earlier on today.

I haven't seen Neighbours since my college days, which is a year or twenty ago. May 1998 to be precise. All I remember from back them is Lou making funny noises and Harold coming back from the dead.

Tuning in Channel 5 for an oul wan today, Neighbours was on, and guess what?

There was Lou, making funny noises, and Harold, back from the dead.

Soaps are crap, even animated ones. Fcuk the telly out the window and go on the beer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Remember that time family guy was on BBC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

I'm worried ITV2 will heavily edit it and show 10 minutes of adverts in between.

I noticed lately we go on a lot about the PC brigade in AH so here's one for you. Was it feminist extremists/PC brigade behind BBC's decision not to pay more for it even though it was the highest rated show on BBC Three (which is set to go online only next year) ?

Poll for Family Guy fans only (and yes the show has gone downhill like The Simpsons has though beats The Simpsons in ratings)

NO BOB'S BURGERS FANS.

If only there was some method of watching it without having to deal with ads and scheduled timing.

kjl wrote: »
    If only there was some method of watching it without having to deal with ads and scheduled timing.

Buy the DVD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,542 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Buy the DVD?

What's a Dvd? Downloaded Video Data?

murpho999 wrote: »
    What's a Dvd? Downloaded Video Data?

Kinda like little round mirror frisbies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Vic_08

It is a 20-22 minute programme, they will need 10 minutes of ads and promos to fit a 30 minute slot.

Well, you have answered your own question no haven't you. They aren't going to spend money on expensive imports for a channel they are closing down later this year are they?

Besides it has been BBC policy for some time now not to compete with commercial broadcasters for expensive US imports. Because they are broadcast unencrypted on satellite they often have to pay more for them than other channels as well. There are few if any US shows they still have rights for any more, with their current cost-cutting this will not change any time soon.

Oh, also family guy is a bit sh/t really anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

NO BOB'S BURGERS FANS.

What's wrong with Bob's Burgers?

Better than modern Simpsons and Family Guy by a distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gasher

Family guy is magic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Was it feminist extremists/PC brigade behind BBC's decision not to pay more for it even though it was the highest rated show on BBC Three

No.
    (which is set to go online only next year)

Advertisement