Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adamstown - how is it now?

Options
  • 24-03-2015 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi there,

I paid a visit to Adamstown yesterday, having read all these stories about how the place is akin to a ghost town.

But I did not really experience that. Although the place was hardly bustling of a Sunday lunchtime, there were plenty of signs of life (kids playing, cars in drives, joggers out etc). How is the new town nowadays?

I spoke to a couple of local residents, and one told me there is an element of anti-social behaviour in the area with people coming over from neighbouring estates. Is that the case?

Also, on the road opposite the railway station, there is a big tranche of land with a multi-coloured building springing up in the middle of it (with a triangular green roof). I asked a number of people. and they did not know. What will this be once completed? Will it be completed?! The signs outside the gated area suggesting a September 2007 completion did not exactly inspire confidence!

My questions are based purely on curiosity, but if anyone has the inside track, i'd love to hear from them :)

Nick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Its fine, I live there. Fairly quiet but thats fine for the place you live. Very little signs of anti social behaviour from what I have seen. Loads of kids playing, dog walkers etc so its certainly not deserted. It hasnt got the facilities yet as promised but it is walking distance to superquinn, finnstown etc so it does not need a supermarket. The facilites promised were very ambitious anyway, would have made it the best facilitated area in the country!

It is closer to most of the Lucan facilities than many parts of Lucan, right beside the GAA club too. It is very well kept, spotlessly clean in most parts

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

Had mixed views on Adamstown. The properties are nice there as mostly new builds ( and thats the main USP), but long way to go in terms of comparison to Lucan main town.
    There's no main street- thats one of the main disadvantage

Been there a few times but hardly see anyone on the roads/parks. but it could be on certain times of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

That building was due to be the marketing/admin office for the development...

Advertisement