Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prague in June

Options
  • 24-03-2015 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Heading over to Prague in the second week in June with a few lads. Just want to ask a few questions to people who have been before

On a budget so looking to stay in a hostel, can anybody recommend a decent one that is cheap enough and in a good location?

What is the weather usually like in Prague in June?

What is the nightlife like?

Is it cheap? (Food, beer, etc..)

Is 5 nights enough or is it too long?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

All replies would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Can't advise a specific hostel but I would recommend staying somewhere around the Muzeum or Mustek metro stops as this would be pretty central. They would be within walking distance from each other and also link the other two metro lines that go through the city.

It would be quite warm and humid there in June. When I was there previously it would have been shorts and t-shirt weather there from about mid April.

The nightlife there is great but you'd probably be better off sticking to the touristy spots as I found the local culture towards drinking and such would be quite different. During the summer months the place that drew the biggest crowds was a place called the five story. (Probably has a different name but you should be able to find it easy enough online through google).

Food and drink is dirt cheap over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I highly recommend Hostel One Home: http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Hostel-One-Home/Prague/73362

I was there in November and loved it. Drinking games, pub crawls, tours and events and cheap breakfasts/free dinners. There's always something going on.
    Rooms and bathrooms are clean and comfortable, free wifi and computers too.
    Location is walking distance to all the main sites and the airport bus stops right outside. There's a mini market next door too where you can get cheap beers for pre-drinking in the common room before heading out by yourselves or on the pub crawl.

The Madhaus is also meant to be a very good hostel.

Food and drink as MUFC mentioned is very cheap compared to here and nightlife is very active.

I think 5 nights is pretty much perfect. There's enough to see and do but you won't have to rush yourselves either.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    Can't advise a specific hostel but I would recommend staying somewhere around the Muzeum or Mustek metro stops as this would be pretty central. They would be within walking distance from each other and also link the other two metro lines that go through the city.

It would be quite warm and humid there in June. When I was there previously it would have been shorts and t-shirt weather there from about mid April.

The nightlife there is great but you'd probably be better off sticking to the touristy spots as I found the local culture towards drinking and such would be quite different. During the summer months the place that drew the biggest crowds was a place called the five story. (Probably has a different name but you should be able to find it easy enough online through google).

Food and drink is dirt cheap over there.

Thanks for the feedback. Good to hear that the weather was good anyway, hopefully we get it as well.

I've heard before that prices for beer/food have increased in the main square or whatever and that to go to the old town? for cheap beer.

How much do you think would be enough to bring over for the 5 nights?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Thanks for the feedback. Good to hear that the weather was good anyway, hopefully we get it as well.

I've heard before that prices for beer/food have increased in the main square or whatever and that to go to the old town? for cheap beer.

How much do you think would be enough to bring over for the 5 nights?

That would have been the case when I was there back in 2011 as well but that would be the same in any city really. You'd still get relatively cheap drink around there. The cheap drink really only applies to local beers as well. You'd pay a good bit more for imported stuff but I found the Czech beer to be nicer anyway.

I wouldn't really feel comfortable giving you an estimate with the money as when I was there I was on Erasmus from college so the budgeting would have been different from going on the piss for a few days and we would have done mostly pre-drinking. If there was a good craic in the hostel though you'd save a good bit of money by pre-drinking. When I was there you'd get a litre of local vodka for the equivalent of three quid and a litre of staropramen for about €1.50 and there was much cheaper beers there as well. That was just the nicest one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement