Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Art Exam??

Options
  • 23-03-2015 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

Hi, I was just wondering about the Still Life.
    What is the best medium to use in order to gain marks? Personally, I like using graphite pencil but I'm not sure if my teacher agrees with it. Does anyone have any advice for the exam?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

Whatever your best at, and most confident with (if graphites then use them). For me, I'm going to use plain pencil because it works for me. Others might be better with oil pastels etc and that's where they will stand out, so they should use oil pastels!
    I don't there is any specific medium that will get you more marks, but maybe I'm wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭oktplz

Ah okay perfect thank you so much! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Universal Sky

If you want I have some tips for the Still Life.
    -The best medium to use is the one you like the most/are most comfortable so I think you should stick with the graphite pencil.

-Don't use too many objects, 3 is fine if you use them correctly.
    -When basing of the passage don't just take thing in the passage, take object that are relevant to the whole passage.
    -Animate the inanimate, i.e arrange the objects in a way that looks like they are doing something instead of being still.
    -Be imaginative with your objects and arrangement. (Funny is Good)

eg. If there was a passage about a drunk archaeologist then what you could have is an action figure riding a skull and wearing a cup on his head.

-Composition - Your drawing should take up most of the A2 sheet and it should be centred

That is all I can think of. I hope this is helpful, even though you didn't ask for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭oktplz

-The best medium to use is the one you like the most/are most comfortable so I think you should stick with the graphite pencil.

-When basing of the passage don't just take thing in the passage, take object that are relevant to the whole passage.
    -Animate the inanimate, i.e arrange the objects in a way that looks like they are doing something instead of being still.

eg. If there was a passage about a drunk archaeologist then what you could have is an action figure riding a skull and wearing a cup on his head.

-Composition - Your drawing should take up most of the A2 sheet and it should be centred

That is all I can think of. I hope this is helpful, even though you didn't ask for it.

That was some really good advice, thank you so much! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

This type of advice refers to "Imaginative Composition" and not "Still life".

• Advertisement
Advertisement