Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GOD hates Figs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Cen taurus

I guess that's what happens when people take figurative language, e.g. "it was raining cats and dogs" literally.

In scripture the fig tree is often used as a symbol for the nation of Israel.

The Vine: symbolises Israel’s Spiritual privileges e.g. (Psalm 80:7; Isaiah 5:1-7; Jer. 2:21; Isaiah 10:1 - 2)

The Fig Tree: symbolises Israel’s National privileges e.g. (Hosea 9:10; Jer. 24:5; Matt. 24:32, 33).

The Olive Tree: symbolises Israel’s Religious privileges e.g. (Hosea 14:5 – 6; Isaiah 17:4-6; Isaiah 24:5-15; Psalm 52:8; Psalm 128; Romans 11:7 – 24)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Is that what happened to the Figs in the Fig Rolls...
    Disgusting things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

And what of the fig newtons? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

I hear Baby Jesus loved the chocolate eggs though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

but he did not smote the figs.

in place to smote the figs he did sent his aides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Sounds like a case of sour grapes.

I really want fig rolls now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Is that why it was so hard to find the figs boson particle :):):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I hear popeye kicked the shıte outta moses when he went to mount olive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The North's always fighting over figs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Was it not the fig leaves he cursed.
    Because they were used to cover things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,507 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

mad muffin wrote: »
    And what of the fig newtons? :confused:

Most of us are in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Fig-uratively speaking

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Most of us are in Ireland.

Pishposh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Cen taurus wrote: »
    I guess that's what happens when people take figurative language, e.g. "it was raining cats and dogs" literally.

In scripture the fig tree is often used as a symbol for the nation of Israel.

The Vine: symbolises Israel’s Spiritual privileges e.g. (Psalm 80:7; Isaiah 5:1-7; Jer. 2:21; Isaiah 10:1 - 2)

The Fig Tree: symbolises Israel’s National privileges e.g. (Hosea 9:10; Jer. 24:5; Matt. 24:32, 33).

The Olive Tree: symbolises Israel’s Religious privileges e.g. (Hosea 14:5 – 6; Isaiah 17:4-6; Isaiah 24:5-15; Psalm 52:8; Psalm 128; Romans 11:7 – 24)

That's the bible for you, when it's plain bat **** crazy it's never a literal translation. No sir. Stone people to death? No no, that really means love your neighbour. Jeez why can't all you understand this stuff, it's easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

That's the bible for you, when it's plain bat **** crazy it's never a literal translation. No sir. Stone people to death? No no, that really means love your neighbour. Jeez why can't all you understand this stuff, it's easy.

It still doesnt make sense with this new change words thing. Jesus was looking for a take away from Israel but couldnt find one so cursed a nation?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

WTF(ig)?

Advertisement