Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Order of Malta or St Johns?

Options
  • 23-03-2015 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi! I'm just looking to hear what people's opinions are of the two organisations. Both organisations have units near me.
    I was wondering what's the difference in their work and who is more involved in the community? Also any opinions or insights would be great, particularly from current members are more than welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 echolima

Personally I'm biased, I've been a member of the Order of Malta for nearly 7 years now. We have a fairly large group, so we're busy providing first aid cover at sports events and general community events every weekend. Theres a Care program as well, our unit isn't too majorly involved but several other units focus mainly on it. They provide days out and services for the elderly, people with disabilities, etc. We also have a Cadet unit(10-16 year olds) so if you're interested in youth work that could suit you. It really depends on your local units and the people involved. I'd say go to a meeting or two for both, talk to the officers in charge and members, they'll know it all! If you're still looking for information, feel free to ask :)

Advertisement