Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Haven't received Iarnrod Éireann fine in the post

Options
  • 23-03-2015 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm a second level student from Kildare, and on the 10th of March I was fined €138 on a Heuston Galway train for not having valid student id with me. I appealed, the inspector claimed that if they called my school and confirmed my attendance in secondary school, that I would be granted the appeal - but I haven't heard back and to be honest I'm not really expecting to hear anything back either!!

I've faced the facts that I was in the wrong, although as an under 18 I appealed for the fine to be reduced because I don't have that kind of money to dish out for a first time offence (I've been a regular Dublin bound commuter for around a year and a half on my leap card and have never had an issue before) - but thats another thread altogether I guess!!

Anyway, I have the small slip for the fixed penalty with me still, but I never received the fine in the post like the inspector said I would. At the time, he was very hesitant to write the fine (even though he did in the end) because he said he did understand my situation. I saw him write down my details and he definitely got them correct, but its been 2 weeks from tomorrow and I haven't received it yet. Does this mean it was never recorded and actually fined or is this normal? Obviously I know it'd be naive for me to think that the conductor wrote a fine and then didn't issue it, but I don't want to pay for this before being sure!! I've until next Tuesday - the 31st to pay the fine or be granted an appeal.

Sorry for the spiel. Hope someone can help!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

That slip is the fine notice

It has the amount clearly written on it and reference number

Advertisement