Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Ulster parade called off

Options
  • 23-03-2015 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭

No bloody harm.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0323/689186-love-ulster/

Loyalist campaigner Willie Frazer has confirmed that the planned Love Ulster march will not go ahead in Dublin next Saturday.

Mr Frazer said he has received assurances from government officials that information will be provided to the inquest into the Kingsmill massacre in which ten Protestant workmen were shot dead in 1976. 

But Mr Frazer said that if this commitment was not honoured then another, bigger march would be held in Dublin at a later date.

He said a preliminary hearing of the inquest will be held in Belfast on 27 March and that officials from the Departments of Justice and Foreign Affairs had promised that information from garda files would be sent to the coroner before then.

"We have asked them nothing more than what they had promised to do" said Mr Frazer who added "the last thing we need is to be down in Dublin under these circumstances".

Mr Frazer had planned a march in Dublin for this Saturday with three loyalist bands and a total of up to 300 people.

The last Love Ulster parade caused a riot in Dublin city centre in 2006 when anti-loyalist protesters attacked gardaí.

The Department of Justice confirmed that a meeting took place with Mr Frazer and other representatives of Families Acting for Innocent Relatives (FAIR) in Dublin on 16 March.

In a statement a spokesperson described the meeting about victims’ issues as "useful" but would not give details of the discussion.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Good, the whole thing was ridiculous. Let them march up North and stay back in the middle ages if they want.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

NNNNNNNNNNNoooooooooooooooooooooo

I so wanted to see Curly Watts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

How much money did he get for calling it off this time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I hope the Northern Ireland Theatre parade is still going ahead though.

I've already got my Luvvie Ulster t-shirt made up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Should have let the wee wastard march, he'll claim any concession as a victory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

But Mr Frazer said that if this commitment was not honoured then another, bigger march would be held in Dublin at a later date.

So he's basically saying that he knows the march is nothing but trouble, in fact that's what he intends it to be.

Why are they even entertaining him? Go way and have the Rangers family picnic somewhere that you can at least argue some kind of relevance and don't be annoying us.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A united Ireland is another step closer

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

A united Ireland is another step closer
    Yes, soon we'll be able to argue incessantly with our kinsmen rather than some foreign lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Feck sake !!
    They were going to stop in Dundalk for chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Dammit what I am going to do with all those fake orange bowler hats and Ranger Jerseys I got to sell on the day :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭sjb25

Roadstone announces sale on bricks after an order was cancelled :)

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Gutted!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I imagine this is more disappointing for those prepared to welcome the loyalists the same way as happened in 2006 when Dublin descended into Chaos, when Nationalists clashed with these Loyalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Stinicker wrote: »
    I imagine this is more disappointing for those prepared to welcome the loyalists the same way as happened in 2006 when Dublin descended into Chaos, when Nationalists clashed with these Loyalists.

Nationalists?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

I would tell him that the government will ONLY release the information
    IF he does the march but not once... oh nooooo, these lad love to march.

500,000 times up and down O'Connell street "with-out" a day off.

Then we will see....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

A successful trolling operation by Mr Frazier. Again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

So he's basically saying that he knows the march is nothing but trouble, in fact that's what he intends it to be.

Why are they even entertaining him? Go way and have the Rangers family picnic somewhere that you can at least argue some kind of relevance and don't be annoying us.

What a pathetic generalisation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

What a pathetic generalisation

What possible reason could there be for holding an Orange march in the middle of Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Im personally sick of this eejit and his nonsense. I'd happily welcome him to Dublin for a march if I thought I'd be welcome to march through his areas of ulster commemoration victims of British state terrorism, or to commemorate Irish independence.

If I did I'd only wind up loyalists and common sense tells me such a march will do no good for anyone, so why on earth he feels he's entitled to march down the main street of Dublin is beyond me, he doesn't care about anyone but himself.

Good riddance in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Stinicker wrote: »
    Can you really call yourself a nationalist when you're looting from businesses the length and breadth of your capital's main thoroughfare?

Advertisement