Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

humbert challenge

Options
  • 23-03-2015 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi has any one done the humbert challenge last year as I was going to give it a go and wonder what it was like

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭woody1

stillgoing wrote: »
    Hi has any one done the humbert challenge last year as I was going to give it a go and wonder what it was like

sheltered calm lake swim, 1 loop, if your from anywhere around you can practice on it in the weeks beforehand as they will have the bouys out and have organised practice days with the local kayak club there for support

bike is relatively flat and fast, a mix of surfaces but nothing too rough,a mix of roads from good wide main roads to country roads, a good whack of it is on the main road from castlebar to swinford which is a big wide road with a good surface and a wide hard shoulder, if theres a tailwind this can be very fast section ,

run.. the run is on the tough side ( for me at least ) out and back 5k, on the hilly ( ish ) side, i never run well off the bike though so best to see what someone else thinks

there is a split transition, t1 is obviously beside the lake, and t2 is in swinford beside the gaa pitch , so youve got to go back to t1 after the race and pick up anything youve left there

my first and only olympic so far, i think its a nice race, il be doing it again this year ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Pity its not a half anymore, really enjoyed it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stillgoing

That sounds good I like the part about the nice swim and that I could get to try it
    Thanks at lot

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭toomuchdetail

Good race , highly recommended .

• Registered Users Posts: 33 decosr1

Savage race to be fair. Very well organised. Has to be one of the nicest lakes to swim in and it's great that they organise evenings when you can practice in the lake during the weeks leading up to the race. My self and the Girlfriend did it last year. It was her first Triathlon and I have to say that the Guys from Swinford Tri Sports looked after us very well. A good meal in the local hotel was also provided as part of the entry price.

Highly Recommended Race!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pdiddyw

Hi,
    Does anyone have the bike and run routes (maps) available for this rate, just to get an idea of the exact routes ?

Thanks

il get a map of the cycle route for you in a bit,
    youl have to rely on someone else for the run, was in a bit of daze, cant remember it rightly at all

Advertisement