Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Tree still up?

Options
  • 21-03-2015 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

So it seems my neighbours still have their Christmas Tree and Decorations up. Lights flashing like a good thing

Anyone else keeping the festive spirit going??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Sure its nearly that time of year again. Selection boxes be out after Easter eggs are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Ulnar wrote: »
    So it seems my neighbours still have their Christmas Tree and Decorations up. Lights flashing like a good thing

Are their kids singing Christmas carols to you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Maybe it's now an Easter tree? Or post paddys day tree?

We still have ours up. Supposedly it was a lot of effort getting it down from the attic and we've just been too lazy to take it down and put it back up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

They're probably dead. A lot of people die around the holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

yeah definitely dead, time to loot the house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Sure its only 9 months away. Meaning Dublin City Council have the lights up in a few months. They like to make sure people start spending early before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Ulnar

Maybe it's now an Easter tree? Or post paddys day tree?

Definitely Christmas tree.

We still have ours up. Supposedly it was a lot of effort getting it down from the attic and we've just been too lazy to take it down and put it back up there.

Im doing this next Christmas, :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 jamesoneill

has the snowman melted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

it's rude to keep it erected that long

has the snowman melted?

Sadly he's gone, although the reindeer is still pottering about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭KilOit

Driving through the old military road in Wicklow today we saw decorated pine trees along the road, these were living trees with lots of decorations on them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Total wackjobs if you ask me, it's time to call the men in white coats to take them away.

KilOit wrote: »
    Driving through the old military road in Wicklow today we saw decorated pine trees along the road, these were living trees with lots of decorations on them :D

Were there any presents under them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Only 278 days left lads, hardly worth putting it away.

http://www.xmasclock.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

You should call the Gardai and explain that the whole family must be dead because their christmas decorations are still up.

A callout a Garda dreams about in Templemore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Never put one up in the first place, so none to take down. feck that sh1te.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Probably fans of half-christmas and just didn't see the point in taking it down for the six months that's in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Burn the house down. The tree will make perfect kindling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Our neighbours leave theirs up in the sittingroom all year round, from febuary-november visitors who call, are brought to the kitchen.

Its to much bother to pack it up to the attic they reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I never put a Christmas tree up so it saves the hassle of it all...

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

http://www.thejournal.ie/body-discovered-in-wexford-after-man-passed-away-at-christmas-390086-Mar2012/
    The body was discovered on Sunday after a member of the public raised concerns with the gardaí after noticing Christmas lights in the property on Lower John Street.

Just check on your neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Mine is still up in a sense. Its wrapped in two big black bin liners and sitting in the corner of the bedroom

madrabui wrote: »
    Mine is still up in a sense. Its wrapped in two big black bin liners and sitting in the corner of the bedroom

Fleet...... you alive Bro ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

My mam takes the lights and glass baubles off, leaves the rest on and wraps it in a duvet cover :D then shoves it into the attic. Every year she takes it down, unwraps it and it takes 5 minutes to put the lights on then and fix a few baubles that fell off.

I think its a great idea! I once had my tree up until August, but every time I saw it I had a laugh at how mental I must seem, so I left it :o

Total wackjobs if you ask me, it's time to call the men in white coats to take them away.
    Or black jackets!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I saw someone driving a car today with antlers still on the windows, ffs.....

Advertisement