Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Pension Values

Options
  • 21-03-2015 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,
    Like a lot of people I'm sure when I recieve the annual pension statements for my work pension and AVC accounts over the last few years, I open it, look, shrug my shoulders and pop it into a drawer.

The last time it came around it says it has a current value of 31k, and my AVC account has a current value of 12k. There is a lot of other numbers also telling how much my pension will be as long as I am still in the same job at the same rates.

My question is however, is there a rule of thumb indicator that I can derive pension health form the "Real" value NOW!!, and what should these real values be for a middle income person at the sage of 42.

Thanks in advance

Fergal
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,394 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Just Google 'pensions calculator', you'll be spoiled for choice. Usual health warnings apply - it all depends on how the funds perform between now and when you retire. If you are in your early 40s, I'd make sure that most if not all of the money is in 'managed' funds which are heavily skewed to equities though if they are not, now would not be the time to move them (into equities) because most of the indices (Dow Jones, FTSE-100 etc.) are at an all-time high.

This is the official one from the Irish Pensions Authority .....

http://www.pensionsauthority.ie/en/Calculators/Pensions_Calculator/

Advertisement