Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert - Nursing

Options
  • 21-03-2015 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, so I'm doing my Leaving Cert in June of this year (oh my god) and I have Nursing down on my CAO as first choice. Obviously I have heard that the points will be decreasing this year as less people have applied for it, just my luck! I am struggling to get the necessary 400 points and I was just curious to know, if my course is now 400 points, how much do you think it'll drop by? Need a little inspo.

thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

alioxoxo wrote: »
    Hi, so I'm doing my Leaving Cert in June of this year (oh my god) and I have Nursing down on my CAO as first choice. Obviously I have heard that the points will be decreasing this year as less people have applied for it, just my luck! I am struggling to get the necessary 400 points and I was just curious to know, if my course is now 400 points, how much do you think it'll drop by? Need a little inspo.

thanks!!

How do you know that less people applied for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

alioxoxo wrote: »

thanks!!

It depends like

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Tzashi

not more than 10 points likely 5 or nothing at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

It's highly unlikely a course would go up by more than 25 points in one year, or go down by 25 points in one year. So think of 425 as your starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Almen11

I nearly sure there has been a 5% INCREASE in number of CAO applicants no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Tzashi

Almen11 wrote: »
    I nearly sure there has been a 5% INCREASE in number of CAO applicants no?

yes but there has been but there has been no chance or a decrease in the numbers applying to health service courses, i dont know nursing but medicine was 0.18% increase so that is likely not to move at all

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Just because there are less applicants does not mean the points will decrease. If there are 100 places in a nursing course, and the 100th person to get in got 450 points, then 450 is the cut-off. It may not happen and 450 is an exaggeration, but just be wary.

Advertisement