Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hazard a Guess?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Going by how much the other houses went for, I'm guessing €3m

• Registered Users Posts: 10,224 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/2-abington-swords-road-malahide-north-county-dublin/2913828

I know it's on the Northside so obviously that'll reduce the value :pac:

Anyone want to hazard a guess? I don't know btw thought it might be a fun threads though.

It always gets me though how something can be so nice but still done with a tacky factor!

EDIT - I'll take a punt c. €6m

The EA fairly moronically can't even place the house properly within the development. It's miles from where he placed it and that matters as it is in a much more private and secluded part away from the more modest houses.

This is in someways similar to Dublin's equivalent of the George's Hill Estate or Wentworth (or that's what it's likely to see itself as). That being said, these will always attract people looking for seclusion rather than location. I'd be surprised if any of those houses exceeded €3m in the near future. Most of the people with that money would much rather a more modest D6 pile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Well another house in Abington Number 50 went for 2.45 million. Now it was smaller 584m compared to 743 but it does help give a guide. Close to 3 I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,365 ✭✭✭✭ted1

3m , 3.2 max. It's only got 1.4 acres and its in swords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Very much McMansions it seems, I'm surprised there are no swimming pools though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

I hope whomever buys this is either blind or has more money to redecorate. Absolutely hideous. What's with the Hanging Gardens of Babylon in the kitchen?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

That house is utterly hideous. Faux Georgian and wall to wall tarmac, eeeee. All those houses is Abington are awful in my opinion. They are just so blingy and tasteless. If i had that type of money i would be going for something with a bit of character, something that won't be ridiculously dated in another 20 years. And they're all on tiny plots of land. Why would you want to spend a fortune to buy a mickey mouse mansion in an estate on top of a load of other mickey mouse mansions? I wouldn't pay 50k for that place, i'd be embarassed to live in it. Unless i was going to star in Footballers Wives perhaps.

And it's even worse on the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

That house is utterly hideous....
    I get the impression that you don't really like it.

There's no accounting for taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

The room I like best is the pantry :o
    I won't say what I think of wallpaper pretending to be shelves of books instead of the real thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

The room I like best is the pantry :o
    I won't say what I think of wallpaper pretending to be shelves of books instead of the real thing...

I thought exactly the same about both!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

I thought exactly the same about both!

What are you the arbiter of... nm :P

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

The sofas are from DFS (no joke)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

I like that it says " Excellent location for transport into central Dublin with the DART station in walking distance."

Its almost 30 mins walk to the DART from there! (not that you would be worrying about walking I gues)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Give the estate agent a break- they're in Ballina, Co. Mayo- they've probably never sold a property in the area before in their lives.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

i suppose....in Ballina 30mins walk is close to the train station!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I like it :o.some of the wall paper isn't my thing...but I would love to drive home to something like that in the evenings!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

well, you need to take into account you that you would need to completely recorate, so that bring the price down.

but i would say you might get a good bit of money for those curtains in the cash for clothes place

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Just shows how it's possible to spend a fortune on something and have it end up looking cheap and soulless. You'd need a fair budget to put it right too.

Advertisement