Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good structural engineer in Cork - cheap

Options
  • 21-03-2015 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Hi I will need a rundown house inspected soon hopefully in order to get mortgage approval.Anybody have a structural engineer that they would recommend?What kind of money would I be talking about?Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Johngoose wrote: »
    Hi I will need a rundown house inspected soon hopefully in order to get mortgage approval.Anybody have a structural engineer that they would recommend?What kind of money would I be talking about?Thanks

€400-€500 at a guess.
    They have to survey the existing propety.
    Write up report including photos and explain any opinions/views noticed in site.

Add VAT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭karenalot

Would highly recommend<Mod Snip> in Cork who I used recently. I paid €500 for a 3,500 square ft multi unit property but from what I remember their usual prices start from €260. The survey report was very detailed (pages long!)

Bear in mind that most structural engineers will give the worst case scenario for repair costs as they have to cover all eventualities. For example 2 engineers quoted me 30k for a new heating system when the cost quoted to me by the Gas installer is 12k.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Recommendations are not permitted on thread. Please use the pm facility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

karenalot wrote: »
    Would highly recommend<Mod Snip> in Cork who I used recently. I paid €500 for a 3,500 square ft multi unit property but from what I remember their usual prices start from €260. The survey report was very detailed (pages long!)

Bear in mind that most structural engineers will give the worst case scenario for repair costs as they have to cover all eventualities. For example 2 engineers quoted me 30k for a new heating system when the cost quoted to me by the Gas installer is 12k.

Hiya could you p.m. me those details?Thanks

Advertisement