Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you change your mattress?

Options
  • 21-03-2015 3:12am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭

Think ill have to go shopping tomorrow for a new one as be more comfortable sleeping out on the drive. Only seen nightly sleeping and average amounts of other carry on.
    How often do you have to change yours?

How often do you change it? 32 votes

Once a year
    0% 0 votes
    Once every two years
    0% 0 votes
    Once every five years
    0% 0 votes
    Once every ten years
    31% 10 votes
    I'm like Bear Grylls; I sleep on a rock
    62% 20 votes
    Never
    6% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I can feel the springs on my elbow while tying. Do I need a new mattress?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

don't mind your mattress, how about your sheets

used to live with lad we called Rivita sheets

i think he even turned his underpants inside out, when they where dirty, the manky bastard

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Forgot to add a poll, need to edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 GTX 780

If you buy a top quality one, you'll never have to change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

When the sheets are difficult to peel off and the sweat stains underneath have gone from brown to near black.

GTX 780 wrote: »
    If you buy a top quality one, you'll never have to change.

The sales man said that with the one i bought last.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

The sales man said that with the one i bought last.

What exactly have you been doing on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,420 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

When it's clawing at the door to get out.

eternal wrote: »
    What exactly have you been doing on it.

Sleeping and a shot of riding, no kids jumping up and down on it, nothing out of the ordinary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

I'm sure I saw it somewhere it should be no more than eight years.

Ours is coming up to nine and is just not comfortable any more, in saying that it wasn't a top quality one as we had only just moved into our house.

It's just a matter of getting a good one for the right price now as we made two babies on that bed so not exactly loaded :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Is this a real poll/thread???? How mundane if it is .......... did I log onto Boreds.ie :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Every time I burn down the house, which is often...

Have my current one for 7 years and no bother, sleep well, etc.

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Is this a real poll/thread???? How mundane if it is .......... did I log onto Boreds.ie :confused:

It is real, its the middle of lent so apologies for boring you. Enjoy the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

only when it full

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Sleeping and a shot of riding, no kids jumping up and down on it, nothing out of the ordinary.

thats what michael jackson said.

eee heee.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

When the sheets are difficult to peel off and the sweat stains underneath have gone from brown to near black.

The sad thing is I know someone who basically thinks like that.

I've never gotten more than 4 years out of a mattress - excessive boning tends to wear them out :P :pac: Not really. They were killed by piss.

Matterss #1 was a very expensive moving -in gift from my parents, super comfy, all good until the 4th Christmas we were living here; we had a party and someone left the door to the bedroom open. The dog - clearly miffed at being ignored in favour of weed and guitar hero - came in and pissed right in the middle of the bed. It was about 4 hours later when I discovered it, and by that stage it had soaked right in to the mattress, and no amount of disinfectant or febreeze was going to sort it out.

Mattress #2 was another good quality one - we decided we'd lock the bedroom door for future parties. It was very comfy and we spent many a happy night on it. It sadly met its demise last year, when my 3 year old son got into our bed (we were still in the living room watching TV, so he got in on his own) and somehow managed to escape from his nappy. He then proceeded to drench the bed, and when we came in a few hours later the damage was done.

Our current mattress was €120 memory foam job in IKEA, and funnily enough it's the most comfortable mattress I've ever slept on. Best part is, when a member of my family inevitably voids their bladder on it at some point in the future, it won't cost the earth to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I think the general rule of thumb is that a mattress will last a day for every €1 spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I think the general rule of thumb is that a mattress will last a day for every €1 spent.

So if I buy in dollars it'll last longer? Or do I need to check the exchange rate regularly to find out how many days I've left on my mattress?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Can't remember ever having a mattress for over 5 years, so, I suppose, 5 years. Only one mattress I've had became nearly impossible to sleep on once the springs started popping up. It's really a thing that I'd just replace when I want to or feel the need to, rather than having a set period of time, I'd happily have a mattress for 20 years if it stayed in good condition for 20 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Every week 😎

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Once every six months or when I get bored with her... oh sorry, damn dyslexia, I read that as 'mistress'

Advertisement