Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airless Paint Sprayer

• 20-03-2015 11:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

I'm renovating a large house and have a lot of painting to do (newly plastered walls, wood features, etc.)

Am thinking of buying a paint sprayer (semi-pro level) and am looking for recommendations.

Would like to get something between 500 to 1000, so may have to go 2nd hand. Are they hard to get the hang of? Any make/model recommendations?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

tedimc wrote: »
    I'm renovating a large house and have a lot of painting to do (newly plastered walls, wood features, etc.)

Am thinking of buying a paint sprayer (semi-pro level) and am looking for recommendations.

Would like to get something between 500 to 1000, so may have to go 2nd hand. Are they hard to get the hang of? Any make/model recommendations?

Thanks.

For your budget you'll be able to pick up a nice machine 2nd hand. Graco or titan should suit, either a graco 295/390 or titan 440i would do the job. Stay clear of qtech and the like.

Buy a few different tip sizes also, as it will save you paint and effort. 411/3 ir smaller for woodwork/detailed areas and 515 or 517 for walls ceilings, or exterior.

Of course it's how you feel while using and results that matter, so these suggestions might not suit you but work pretty well for me.

Good luck and enjoy 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Big Davey

You may want to think about an extenda pole for ceilings etc only about €30-€50 and very handy.
    I WOULDENT but a new machine if I was you because you may end up selling when you finish your job and will loose money.
    If you get a good secondhand one you will get roughly what you paid for it when you are done.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭tedimc

Thanks for the feedback folks - very helpful.

I see a lot of Wagner machines available second hand. Any one any experience with these? Some models appear very low end, while they also seem to have a decent pro range.

I'll look into the Titan & Graco machines.

Advertisement