Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling back a builder

Options
  • 20-03-2015 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else find this strange? I had a builder out to look at a chimney that needed fixing. He came out twice to have a look and to give us a quote. Anyway weeks passed before the sale of the house went through and we found another guy who fits stoves and is also a builder. He did the work for us. The other guy contacted me back and left a message saying he is available to fix the chimney. I genuinely forgot to get back to him. Then out of the blue the guy who recommended him called me to see why I didn't contact him back. It's none of his business. We have had plenty of trades people out who we didn't get back to them or vice versa.
    I know people are going to say, you should have got back to him, but I forgot. I just found the call out of the blue and very strange. Anyone else have any bad experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You under no obligation to get back to him, so let him sing for his supper.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭mullinr2

You under no obligation to get back to him, so let him sing for his supper.

Yeah I know and I found it very strange. I had to tell a white lie, that the vendor got it fixed before sale went through. He must be stuck for work

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

mullinr2 wrote: »
    Yeah I know and I found it very strange. I had to tell a white lie, that the vendor got it fixed before sale went through. He must be stuck for work
    Google 'common curtesy'
    For a small builder/handyman word of mouth is king, so perhaps he asked the guy who recommended him to see what happened. This is common

Imagine you priced the work for free. You'd like to know why you didn't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭mullinr2

BryanF wrote: »
    Google 'common curtesy'
    For a small builder/handyman word of mouth is king, so perhaps he asked the guy who recommended him to see what happened. This is common

Imagine you priced the work for free. You'd like to know why you didn't get it.
    I agree it is common courtesy I don't need to look it up. I said I genuinely forgot to get back to him.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

I agree it is common courtesy I don't need to look it up. I said I genuinely forgot to get back to him.

So, say hi and move on..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Strolling Bones

Does anyone else find this strange?

That you posted this ?

Yes.

Advertisement