Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing apps directly to SD cards.

Options
  • 20-03-2015 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

I am trying to download a few apps to my phone but I have insufficient space, however I have a 32gb SD installed, I have moved any existing apps I can to the SD card, but I am unable to download anything else.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

what phone is it? i had the same problem with my s2....

this is what i did.....

go to to stephen schraugers tip...it worked for me!
    http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/58168/why-am-i-constantly-running-out-of-space-on-my-galaxy-s2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Some apps can't be moved to the microSD. They install into the phones internal memory.

Something like the Sony E3 only has 4GB and it fills up very quickly. Apparently if you install only one or two apps its full. Even if the MicroSD is empty.

Sometimes if you uninstall and app and get a later version, they may have added the ability to move it. I often stop using apps if they can't be moved.

Some versions of android don't have the option to move apps. Some do. Maybe check theres an update.

Modding your phone can free up memory by uninstalling stock apps you don't use, and adding the ability to move apps.

Advertisement