Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alarm installation

Options
  • 20-03-2015 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Moved into my house and there was a phonewatch alarm installed but also a airetech cs350 also still installed the people that lived there said it still works fine it just needs a outside bell so from reading the post on here it seems that the hkc 1070 is a good panel also to have it monitored by myself or to text me i opened the main panel and it went off so seems ok the couple said when they got phone watch he put there bell up over where the old bell is and the wire is still there so would it be hard to swap old panel and keypad and outside bell is it just taking zone 1 from old and puting it into zone 1 on new panel and so on please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

Firstly if you only need to install a live bell box, you don't necessarily have to change yur existing CS350 panel.

With regard to repalcing your panel, do you have much experience of working with electricity, electronics and programming?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jpbrown1

Yes have an electrical back round just not much on alarms but a bit of guidence would help. the programing of the keypad i would be a bit slow on as i said on my post i would put a gsm q or gsm sc in it also so is the main panel a straight swap on the zones

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you were to swap our the panel with something like the Siemens SPC you would have the easier option to programme from a PC.

Is the hkc that hard to programe there is only 6 zones on the old panel all the sensors are still on tge windows and doors its just take old cables out off old panel 1 through 6 zones and put them in new panel are the gsm q and gsm sc no good as a dialer then to get the info if alarm is activated on the hkc 1070

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭altor

jpbrown1 wrote: »
    Moved into my house and there was a phonewatch alarm installed but also a airetech cs350 also still installed the people that lived there said it still works fine it just needs a outside bell so from reading the post on here it seems that the hkc 1070 is a good panel also to have it monitored by myself or to text me i opened the main panel and it went off so seems ok the couple said when they got phone watch he put there bell up over where the old bell is and the wire is still there so would it be hard to swap old panel and keypad and outside bell is it just taking zone 1 from old and puting it into zone 1 on new panel and so on please help

No, if the cable is where the old bell box is then a new one can be installed with little or no fuss. If you did use the HKC Securewave system then they also have wire free external bell which can be used if there was an issue with a cable.

• Advertisement

Is the hkc that hard to programe there is only 6 zones on the old panel all the sensors are still on tge windows and doors its just take old cables out off old panel 1 through 6 zones and put them in new panel are the gsm q and gsm sc no good as a dialer then to get the info if alarm is activated on the hkc 1070

Systems are simple to program from a keypad.
    If you are upgrading the old system just make sure you mark every cable before disconnecting from the old system, bell cables, keypad cable too.
    You can not use a GSM-Q and GSM-SC together, I would recommend a Wifi card if you have internet in your premises in conjunction with the SC. If this is not available then the SC or Q with no App can be installed to allow remote access and self monitoring of the system.

Ok great does a new hkc panel come with new eng codes

Are the wifi cards exspensive

Ok great does a new hkc panel come with new eng codes

All new panels come with default codes.
    This allows you set up new code when you install the system.

Are the wifi cards exspensive

For pricing you would need to contact suppliers. There is a list here to help.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much when i change it i will let you know how i get on

On the airetech 350 panel all the tampers are twisted together so do i put all the tampers in each zone on the new hkc panel or twist them together and just use one tamper zone

On the airetech 350 panel all the tampers are twisted together so do i put all the tampers in each zone on the new hkc panel or twist them together and just use one tamper zone

On the HKC all the zones have there own tamper input. So instead of looping them all like on the 350 wire them into the tamper terminals for each zone.

Has anybody got a airetech cs350 install manual please

Also can i get there alarm to work witout the outside bell connected in the panel

Also can i get there alarm to work witout the outside bell connected in the panel

If you don't connect one it wont matter, plus do not remove the 4K7 resistor across the tamper return and BHO in the control panel.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any system will work without an external bell. I would strongly recommend against this. It makes the system so much easier to power down without making much noise.

So just leave 4k7 in and i should be able to set alarm i just wont to see what the zones are doing before i change over to the hkc

So just leave 4k7 in and i should be able to set alarm i just wont to see what the zones are doing before i change over to the hkc

That is correct.

Thanks again very helpfull

• Advertisement

Thanks again very helpfull

Always happy to help :)

Is it possible to add a digi dialer to the airetech or am i better updateing to hkc

You can add a generic dialler to any system. Do you want to connect this to a landline or use GSM?

I just need something to tell me when alarm is activated so whats the best option because alarm seems to be working fine otherwise

The cheapest and easiest option would be a generic voice dialler or GSM dialler.
    In the long term if you are upgrading, an IP panel with app giving you alerts and remote access would be the best value.
    Some good info on the different options here.
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057394782/4/#post94718692

Is it possible to add a digi dialer to the airetech or am i better updateing to hkc

It really depends on what you plan to do. If you plan to switch to a HKC system then you would be better off waiting and you there own branded one. Give more information with regards the alarm activation etc..

Well as i said the old alarm works fine just need an outside bell so i was wondering is there anything out there that i can put on to the old panel for the time being to let me know that the alarm has been set off i know its a old system by text or a phone call. like the old phonewatch system that just rings your phone when it is set off because i read on here that the new phone watch system cannot be programmed to ring my phone after i canceld the contract with them just if there is a cheaper option until i get the hkc stuff

Well as i said the old alarm works fine just need an outside bell so i was wondering is there anything out there that i can put on to the old panel for the time being to let me know that the alarm has been set off i know its a old system by text or a phone call. like the old phonewatch system that just rings your phone when it is set off because i read on here that the new phone watch system cannot be programmed to ring my phone after i canceld the contract with them just if there is a cheaper option until i get the hkc stuff

I am looking into the P.W situation.
    As soon as I can do it I will let people know.

You could also do something like this if you have the time.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89816171&postcount=25

Well as i said the old alarm works fine just need an outside bell so i was wondering is there anything out there that i can put on to the old panel for the time being to let me know that the alarm has been set off i know its a old system by text or a phone call.

Yes there are numerous generic voice diallers & text diallers (GSM) that you could connect to the panel to do this for you.Any of the suppliers here could help you with models & pricing etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement