Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you survive melting ice? Animated world map tells you.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Let it melt away to sh*t. I'm fed up of recycling and green energy rubbish anyway and it looks like there will still be plenty of land for us to live peacefully on like we always do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

As long it as it drowns some people I don't like then I'm ok with losing the house and kids to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,420 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Not a massive difference is it . That's all the ice?

Would have thought Australia would have disappeared,fairly flat I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

I'm grand anyway. Up good and high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Iceberg challenge. Yay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

kneemos wrote: »
    Not a massive difference is it . That's all the ice?

Would have thought Australia would have disappeared,fairly flat I thought.

I reckon by the time it actually happens, itll be hot enough that a lot of the water will be in the atmosphere, making it very humid.

Or not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

The ice has increased in recent years, not decreased. More pseudo-bolloxology. "Ye will die, the ice is coming". Feck off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Less land + growing population = I won't give a fuk, I'll be dead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

We should build a giant hose that blasts millions of litres of water into outer space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Luckily its the poor who will be drowned mainly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Will we still be paying water charges even though it will be around our knees?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Will we still be paying water charges even though it will be around our knees?
    I knew the wellies would pull you in. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 wofias8

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Let it melt away to sh*t. I'm fed up of recycling and green energy rubbish anyway and it looks like there will still be plenty of land for us to live peacefully on like we always do.

That's the spirit!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

I'll be dead, kids, grandkids and great grandkids will all be dead so why should I give a fûck! And Ireland looks largely unaffected! I'll just buy a gaf in the Wicklow mountains. Sorted.

Dunno how the north or south poles will ever get warm enough to melt all the ice,hits -30 even in summer afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Frankfurt will be fine. At least from the 31st floor! East Galway isn't looking too bad either if the worst comes to worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

kneemos wrote: »
    Dunno how the north or south poles will ever get warm enough to melt all the ice,hits -30 even in summer afaik.

Wha? The radiant heat of summer (no sunset remember) is enough to melt ice at the poles. The warmest temp recorded is 15 °C Vanda Station, Scott Coast 5 January 1974

Wha? The radiant heat of summer (no sunset remember) is enough to melt ice at the poles. The warmest temp recorded is 15 °C Vanda Station, Scott Coast 5 January 1974

15° for a brief period during the day presumably.
    Don't think it gets above freezing normally.

Average summer temps at the South Pole are around the -30c mark as far as I can find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Frankfurt will be fine. At least from the 31st floor! East Galway isn't looking too bad either if the worst comes to worst.
    Kind of disappointing for the webbed footed inhabitants of East Galway then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

The ice has increased in recent years, not decreased. More pseudo-bolloxology. "Ye will die, the ice is coming". Feck off.

Game of thrones forum is that way
    >

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Kind of disappointing for the webbed footed inhabitants of East Galway then!

What would make it even worse is that Loughrea is designated as the County Town. The local government would meet there. Surrounded by hurls, mayfly and egos. Nothing would get resolved!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

I'm sure the sky will have fallen in on us long before then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

They completely ignored the existence of New Zealand and the Pacific Islands! And it's off an Aussie site! Feckin Aussies! I'll continue to delude myself that my beachside gaff in New Zealand will be grand then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Finally an advantage to living in the Midlands. And I'll have a water front property :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,391 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I should get more waterfowl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Looks like Galway and Mayo get it good.

How awful.

I'm moving to the Midlands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Sure it's only up to my ankles. (East Limerick)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

East Galway is the worst part of Galway!

Surprised they haven't flooded themselves already with their half masticated spit-talk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

In Ballinasloe they just Suck it up after the rains.

Cá bhuill ma cóta mór?

Advertisement