Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Hire on a Sunday or return on a Sunday (city centre)

Options
  • 20-03-2015 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

I think this is an issue in general across Ireland. All the car hire places that are not airport locations (city rental locations) seem to be closed on Sunday. Their Saturday hours are not great either.

Any idea if it is possible to hire a car for the day on a Sunday in Cork city and where? I'm willing to pick up the car on a Saturday for a weekend rental (usually good rates), however I could not return it on Sunday night if they are closed. I would have to drop off the car at an airport location from what I can tell and then pay for transportation back to Cork. Any advice? Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

join GoCar?

cars available 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭.red.

The airport is probably your best bet. Their open early and close late. Theres a regular bus from the terminal to the city. Dunno how much it is but its probably €3/4 each way.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ScottSF

I'll have to think about whether it is worth the hassle of taking a bus back and forth from Cork Airport just to hire a car for the weekend. It takes that much more time that I could be spending enjoying the scenery in West Cork. GoCar is definitely a good idea but not optimal if your goal is to take a road trip around the coast as the per km cost can add up quickly.

The same issue exists in Dublin as well. If you want to hire a car for the weekend you end up having to park it overnight on Sunday and return it Monday morning unless you want to drive it to the airport and take a shuttle back to the city centre.

Advertisement