Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS Problem on Visonic Powermaster

Options
  • 20-03-2015 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi Folks,

I have a Visonic Powermaster 30 alarm that communicates using a mobile phone sim. I am able to control the alarm using SMS commands but am having a recurring problem with it.

Basically, after a few days, the alarm stops responding to SMS commands. If I go into the GSM diagnostics menu and run the test, the display reads "Please wait..." and never changes. At all times, the alarm is still sending alerts if it goes off etc.

If I disconnect the power and battery, the system starts working again.

The software version is K17.133 and I am using a SIM from O2.

Has anyone come across this type of problem before?

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you tried a different SIM or getting a replacement SIM.
    This could be related to the merger of the networks with Three.
    Also try power down the system completely and power up again. That will reinitialize the sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭altor

B0rder wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I have a Visonic Powermaster 30 alarm that communicates using a mobile phone sim. I am able to control the alarm using SMS commands but am having a recurring problem with it.

Basically, after a few days, the alarm stops responding to SMS commands. If I go into the GSM diagnostics menu and run the test, the display reads "Please wait..." and never changes. At all times, the alarm is still sending alerts if it goes off etc.

If I disconnect the power and battery, the system starts working again.

The software version is K17.133 and I am using a SIM from O2.

Has anyone come across this type of problem before?

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

It is an issue with the GSM itself.
    If its under warranty then have it replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 B0rder

Thanks for the advice folks.

I have already powered the system down fully and all work well afterwards for a couple of days, then SMS control stops working again.

Altor: Have you seen any issues like this before with this type of alarm?

The system is under warranty so I can look for a replacement module - hopefully, it is just the module and not the entire panel though.

Thanks for the advice folks.

I have already powered the system down fully and all work well afterwards for a couple of days, then SMS control stops working again.

Altor: Have you seen any issues like this before with this type of alarm?

The system is under warranty so I can look for a replacement module - hopefully, it is just the module and not the entire panel though.

Had one with this issue and replacing the GSM did the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 B0rder

Thanks Altor...

• Advertisement

Thanks Altor...

No Problem, any other questions please let us know :)

Advertisement