Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for apartment near UCD or Royal College of Surgeons ?

Options
  • 20-03-2015 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hello,
    Would anyone be able to recommend a real estate agent that deals with apartment rentals / sales in the Dublin area? My friend is moving to study medicine and will be looking for an apartment to buy or rent somewhat close to UCD or Royal College of Surgeons.
    Also, could you recommend some helpful information spots around where they can learn all about the city - transportation, to do and see etc.
    Appreciate any referrals.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Is this undergraduate or graduate medicine (v relevant for RCSI location) and what budget do they have?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭seamusmacc

I think both colleges offering on campus accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dare2dream

I'm not sure what budget, it's an undergraduate.
    Her parents are interested in purchasing for her also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

dare2dream wrote: »
    I'm not sure what budget, it's an undergraduate.
    Her parents are interested in purchasing for her also.

Undergraduate medicine in UCD is on the Belfield campus. There's lots of onsite student accommodation adn the Montrose Hotel has just been converted into upmarket student accommodation ( http://zigguratstudents.ie/ ). THe parents should probably consider these before sinking capital into a country they don't know. Property prices around Belfield are pretty high - it's South Dublin with relatively fewer apartment blocks. Places like Beechwood Court or the Grange slightly further out the N11 would provide suburban safeness with easy access.

RCSI undergrad is in St Stephen's Green (grad med is in Sandyford and Blanchardstown). The ideal locations would be along the Green Luas line, again pricey. There are plenty of apartments immediately behind RCSI but they are of the mid 90s designated area types. The areas have improved but the streetscape would likely frighten the bejaysus out of most parents sending their little darling to Ireland. Here's a good example. http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/37-clarendon-hall-aungier-street-south-city-centre-dublin-2/3117632

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

dare2dream wrote: »
    Hello,
    Would anyone be able to recommend a real estate agent that deals with apartment rentals / sales in the Dublin area? My friend is moving to study medicine and will be looking for an apartment to buy or rent somewhat close to UCD or Royal College of Surgeons.
    Also, could you recommend some helpful information spots around where they can learn all about the city - transportation, to do and see etc.
    Appreciate any referrals.
    Thanks

If going to RCSI I would recommend renting along the Green Luas line, Milltown, Dundrum etc all 15/20 mins by tram to RCSI St Stephens Green.
    I am not going to mention any estate agents but check on DAFT.IE and you will find them easy enough. It's fine thinking of renting in Dublin 2 but the locations are not always the safest.

As regards activities, transport etc. there are ample websites proving such information. It all depends on your interest. The different Students Unions Accommodation Office is also a good start

• Advertisement
Advertisement