Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to buy and build close to a city for cheap

Options
  • 20-03-2015 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi,

I always lived in a country side house (old farm house renovated by my father with a small piece of land) and I'm missing it living now in Cork city. a 9 sq. m meter garden is fun only for so long when you are used to a bit more nature.

I'm wondering how hard it is to find a site (with a ruin or nothing) still close enough to Cork, and get the planing permission on it.

I'm used to check the big websites like property.ie, myhome, daft ... how likely can I find something cheap with agent rather than through these website?
    How easy is it to get land who do not have permit and get one?

I also see MANY houses not occupied and yet not for sale, are they all related to inheritance and family hopping for better market? would it make sense to search the registry of deeds to find the owners and contact them proactively or is it not a commendable practice?

I could write 20 more questions but I guess it would make a mess so I'll stop here for now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Probably better off looking for something already built. Price of building is gone very high. When you factor in the price of a site bought subject to planning, architect costs, council contributions, build price with new regs and certification etc. it looks cheaper to buy something already built.

Advertisement